New stick/throttle + pedals

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

New stick/throttle + pedals

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:39 am

I’m looking for a new flight stick/throttle + pedals

What is everyone currently using

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Re: New stick/throttle + pedals

Post by Ginger » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:26 pm

Hi Matt , i have had the warthog set up for the last 5 years and love it to bit's , there is a lot more choice out there now , but for me the feel of the cold metal stick still makes the difference, It as enough buttons and switches for what i need , but if your into modern jets and want all the bell's and whistles then maybe look at the other stuff. I know there was a concern with " sticktion" on some of them but as long as your smooth with the movements and are not on of those pilots that like to rag the stick about it's great. Pedals ? i still use the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals which again are about 6 years old , would up grade to MFG CROSSWIND when i need to , but like i said if it's not broke don't fix it. :salute:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Steel
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
ACG Board
contributor

Re: New stick/throttle + pedals

Post by Steel » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:00 pm

I can second the TM Warthog. If you can afford it, go for desk mounts from Monstertech or Foxxmounts (USA).
Add a 10cm extension to the stick with it hanging from the desk mount, you're set for a long, long time and it adds immersion with the stick being between your feet, especially if you happen to fly VR.

For pedals I recommend the Thrustmaster TPR pedals, very expensive but according to my real life flying friends, best for immersion and they are good quality as well, second in line would be the MFG Crosswinds, less expensive and also good build quality.

Management by perkele