labels

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Saintt
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

labels

Post by Saintt » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:54 am

When reviewing flight records in IL2 or viewing a Tacview acmi file sometimes the labels are generic and sometimes they show the actual ID, ie; ACG_Saintt. Is there a setting that controls this? In my experience it seems totally random. For instance, during the last mission I recorded two aircraft are clearly flying as a pair. The lead shows (in Tacview) ‘Bf 109 F-4 (ACG_Jaydog)’ and the wingman shows just ‘Bf 109 F-4’. When viewing this same track in IL2 Flight Records both aircraft labels are generic ‘Bf 109 F-4’, as are all the labels for every aircraft shown in that file.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Re: labels

Post by Ginger » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:08 pm

I get the same , I wonder if the wing man had Tacgrab running? get his serial Number from the track and ask the pilot if he was running tacgrab?
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Dubsy
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
Staff

Post by Dubsy » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:15 pm

It's just inherent to the game I think. I know plenty of people without tacgrab show up on labels for me, so I don't think it relates to that.
"I am going to have these ships delivered on time and if you fail me your houses will be made a dunghill and your wives liquidated"
- Jackie Fisher, 1914

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:26 pm

This might fix some of them if not already checked.
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Saintt
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Saintt » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:48 am

thanks for that insight, didnt know that fix pilot names menu option was there. it was already selected, however. I also selected the ‘Now’ item but still no joy. just one of those things.