FIX: Graphics issue/sky

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Redeye

FIX: Graphics issue/sky

Post by Redeye » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:42 pm

I have been tinkering with my settings to make them correspond with my new tv.

The best results come from 2 choices- either 1980- 1080i (This has lesser quality, but still looks great) and off course
1980 x 1080p, which gives me full hd and crisp quality- just one thing:

When using 1080p, the horizontal lines, gradiationg in the sky becomes VERY visible, you get an impression
from the attached scrnshot. This effect is far less pronounced in 1080i, and as it moves (It grades the sky with
light coming from the sun) it becomes a genuine annoyance and immersion killer. Its like flying in a vortex of sorts.

Does everyone have this (to this degree), and is there any way to counter it?

I am only asking as like I said, in the 1080i resolution it is still there, but not to the same degree.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vlerkies

Re: Graphics issue/sky

Post by Vlerkies » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:26 am

Hi Redeye

I have seen this with the DCS engine, and it has to do with the limitations of the color bit depth, apparently.
I have not really seen it at all in CoD though.
In DCS it is most visible during sunrise and sunset.

See this post I made some time ago on DCS forums.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110631

Hawes

Post by Hawes » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:42 am

Yes, I have a similar problem, but I suffer with my graphics something chronic.. The last mission was almost like flying IFR.
Please post if you find a solution!!!!!

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:36 am

Well, I tested with multiple setups and my old monitor as well as checking a multitude of screens and movies made of others. Appareantly, they are always there, but some configurations make them stand out and come alive a hell of a lot more. Will keep at it and post if I find out something.

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:19 pm

Nailed it! For me the the culprit was changing to RGB coloruing in the Nvidia control panel under "digital format". Switching over to Ycbcr444 took care of it nicely!

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: FIX: Graphics issue/sky

Post by Dickie » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Made a sticky

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Redeye wrote:Nailed it! For me the the culprit was changing to RGB coloruing in the Nvidia control panel under "digital format". Switching over to Ycbcr444 took care of it nicely!
Can you post a picture Redeye... I can't find that setting in my NVidia Control Panel. My card is a GeForce GTX 570.

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:41 pm

I think the option will only pop up if you use a TV as a monitor. It is under "Adjust desktop colour settings" in the standard Nvidia control panel. Note though as I said, it does not make lines dissappear. My screen was swirling like a vortext making the lines "come alive". I can still see them. They are just not as pronounced. Hard to describe better, sorry.

Mysticpuma

Post by Mysticpuma » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:15 pm

Redeye wrote:Nailed it! For me the the culprit was changing to RGB coloruing in the Nvidia control panel under "digital format". Switching over to Ycbcr444 took care of it nicely!
Is this still possible?

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:09 am

I don't know- as I have switched over to a monitor now. Are you using TV getting these issues? if so, its worth a try