HOWTO: Home Made Head Tracker

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Woop

Re: HOWTO: Home Made Head Tracker

Post by Woop » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:31 pm

Right, I just received my PS3 Eye Webcam! I have installed the correct driver for it and it works nicely in the Test Program included and in Skype.

Now I need to get it to work with FreeTrack. Anywhere I need to look?

Thanks

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:34 pm

Yeah, this thread, which talks about using Freetrack.

Woop

Post by Woop » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:56 pm

Yeah, no shit :P Maybe I didn't phrase it right. I have done everything mentioned in the OP. I have set it up, but am still having issues with some of the steps in the video provided and with random FreeTrack software crashes...

Edit: I'm not sure how to make the game pick up FaceTrackNoIR either. (Got that working, but the tracking is like a bobblehead)

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:42 pm

They'll be specific settings that you have to enable. Make sure you start up your tracking software before you start the game up as well.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:34 pm

Woop, you should wait for someone with PS3eye to help you. All I know is that you have to use some 'special' drivers, Gromic has them.
If you're using Win 7 FT should be working without a problem, if you're using 10 you have to go with FaceTrackNoIR.

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:00 am

When I have a mo' I'll drop a note regarding facetracknoir. Check out delan engineering's website for their advice first on setting up ps3/eye cam with facetracknoir.
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you