My trackir profile

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

DavidRed

My trackir profile

Post by DavidRed » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:55 am

hey guys, hey Darkshadow!

heres my trackir profile...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Darkshadow

Re: My trackir profile

Post by Darkshadow » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:56 am

thx david

Farber

Post by Farber » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:06 pm

I was just thinking about TrackIR.

When ever you are flying you are rarely flying straight and level so the landscape and everything around you is moving at a weird angle and even when you keep your head rock steady there is still allot of blur which makes tracking distant targets quite difficult.

Any suggestions for this?

Nico

Post by Nico » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:41 pm

isnt that the same problem without trackIR, if you bank hard left or right, up or down you will have hard time to keep your eyes in sight!
FPS on the cams are also important ( for me it is using freetrack ) that mean you dont have to high delay on when turning your head :)
i also added in some deadzone when im centered, for having a steady aim directly.. i wont miss out my freetrack for a single flight!

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:12 am

i dont know,...i dont have any problems with trackir...from the first second it was completely intuitive for me...i think as well just like Nico, that framerates are really important...i lowered my graphix settings so that i have a constant ~60fps in COD, and with that performance, there is no lag whatsoever noticeable.

then i have a pretty fast trackir profile...yaw and pitch are really fast, and i think the only axis which i have set to 1on1 is the roll axis.so if i notice that i look at a weird angle, i only have to move my head very slightly to regain a normal visual, without sitting in a uncomfortable position...
at least in CLOD i dont even notice those weird angles...i noticed them now first, when i played DCS and made some blind ILS landings...with your eyes only on the instrument panel, and only the very edge of view outside of the canopy, you will notice if you rolled your head a bit...and you begin to think that your plane is banking, while in fact its only your head.

with my fast profile and general settings in the software itself( speed=1; smooth=10) i dont even have to recenter trackir which many chaps here report that they have to...i only center it once i start trackir, and thats pretty much it for the whole evening.

well, one more thing comes to mind...FOV.the higher your FOV is, the more natural it will feel to you..minor headmovements/shakes/weird angles dont feel that pronounced anymore, and besides you have more situational awareness...