PC Spec and graphics help please

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: PC Spec and graphics help please

Post by Dickie » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:09 pm

Indeed. And I only mentioned the PSU because I cannot tell if your current PSU has the power connectors for the card. If it does then you could stick with it anyway. If not get the new one as listed. You will gain very little if anything from upgrading the cpu and mobo. The new card will make a massive improvement.

Save the money, start off with a normal stick and then we can talk about extras once you get into things. Head tracking is #1 imho.

Viking

Post by Viking » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Well I will definitely get the PSU and graphics card and should have them installed in two weeks, I have a normal stick which does the job for now,I will get some rudder pedals as I think they will definetly come in handy and I've seen the link for the head tracker which I was interested in but only have one monitor unlike some of the set ups I've seen. Then when I have the graphics card and PSU installed I will hopefully be able to request to join the ACG.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:50 pm

You only need 1 monitor, but make it at least 22", preferably 24" or more.

Viking

Post by Viking » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:15 pm

I've got a 24" monitor

Viking

Post by Viking » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Just an update the Evga 850 psu is now fitted roll on payday for the graphics card

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:05 pm

:lux:

Viking

Post by Viking » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:51 pm

Final update for this topic, This morning my Gtx 970 Msi graphics card arrived so will be fitting it tomorrow night it looks an absolute beast of a card compared to my current one.

Hopefully will be able to max the graphics in Cliffs and see a massive difference, Once again thanks for all advice and help everyone :nice:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:40 pm

No worries. Remember to unplug the power from the machine and that the mobo light is out, and that you've touched the case before you stuff that thing in.

Hopefully you'll be online straight away :)

Viking

Post by Viking » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:38 am

No unfortunately I wasn't online straight away, I got the card in no problems all fitted nicely loaded up the drivers, Then I did a restart and got a black screen just after the Windows logo and nothing would happen, I could type in the password and then the screen would load but there would be no icons or start menu on Windows.

The Problem was I had the Blue vga And White dvi cables plugged in at the same time, When apparently you only need the White Dvi when you add a new card. Thank God for Google and all those marvellous computer whizzes

Baron le Scrope

Post by Baron le Scrope » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:11 pm

And of course the ACG whizzes.B.
Antec 900 case,/ Sabertooth P67 MoBo,/ Intel corei7 2600cpu-/- MSI GTX 970 4G Graphics, --WD-1Tb Velociraptor HDD--16g Corsair 2133Mhz Ram/-- Corsair TX 850w PSU /--Samsung40"led TV, TrackiR5, CH J/sick. Warthog Throttle. Corsair Vengeance 2100 H/set/mike. W10 Pro 64, /---Two slightly depressed teabags.

Think nothing of it sir, it was the least I could do, a quantity I specialize in.