FIX: Teamspeak Plugins

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Firefly
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

FIX: Teamspeak Plugins

Post by Firefly » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:22 pm

Heyyyyy,

I told you I would, but I managed to re-code my FSX radio to fit the ACG standards!
It took me a while, but it gives that authentic, radio-crackle style.

All you need is one program!
I'll send a link down below, followed by installation instructions!

https://www.myteamspeak.com/addons/f2e0 ... c2fab29def
Firstly, I recommend you update your teamspeak, to the latest build (3.1.3) or the latest you can install in your region.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Download the .zip file using the link I provided. There is a drop-down arrow allowing you to select either 32-bit or 64-bit system, which ever your computer is.

2. I used WinRAR for this: Open the .zip file so you can see a folder called "plugins" and a config file called "package.ini". The config file is the ORIGINAL file for TS3 so IGNORE IT!

3. Double-click the "Plugins" folder. There should be another folder called "radiofx_plugin" and a .dll file called "radiofx_plugin_win64.dll". For me, I'm using a 64-bit system, if you are on 32-bit, it is the same idea but the .dll file may be called "radiofx_plugin_win32.dll".

4. Ignore the folder this time. Copy the .dll file. Go to your File Explorer (Windows 10) or Windows Explorer (Windows 7) and find where your TeamSpeak root files are saved. This is most likely "Program Files (x86)".

5. There should be a folder called "TeamSpeak3". Click it and find the folder called "plugins". Open this folder and paste the .dll file into it. You're done! Continue reading for setup instructions...

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Open your TeamSpeak. I recommend running as an administrator as this gives the program priority over background functions. Connect to any server (this will be for testing later on).

2. On the top pane of the program, navigate to your "Options" menu. For me, this is by clicking "Tools" on the top pane, "Options" (TeamSpeak Concept Build 3.1.3). It is a similar process for users on TeamSpeak builds of 3.1 or higher.

3. Click on the "Addons" section and find "Radio FX". If you see this, the program recognises the plugin, and is activated.

4. Go back to your main panel and find the "Plugins" section. Again, for me on Build 3.1.3, it is on the top pane. Click "Plugins". There should be a drop down menu that appears. "Radio FX" should also be visible here.

5. Use the arrow system to navigate to "Radio FX". It is named the same as the plugin to avoid confusion. Click on this and it should bring you to the main plugin setup.]

6. By default, the three check boxes are UNCHECKED. If you want the full experience, tick all three. We will be looking at the "Home" section. This gives the main effect; I will leave the other two sections for you to play around with.

7. Here are my recommended settings:
'FREQUENCY RANGE IN: 330 >> 2900'
'RING MODULATOR: 0Hz >> 0.00'
'DESTRUCTION: 6.00'
'FREQUENCY RANGE OUT: 350 >> 2800'

NOTE: The "Destruction" part is my 'crackle-o-meter'. It basically changes the overall quality of the radio signal. 0 is perfectly clear. and as it increases, speech gets more and more difficult to understand.

8. Restart your TeamSpeak and enjoy!

If you are having trouble, please PM me. If Dickie would like, I shall post a video of me doing this in person, to make the process a little easier. And that's it! You have your walkie-talkie, WWII radio effect for TeamSpeak!

Sharpe

Re: Teamspeak Plugins FIX!

Post by Sharpe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:13 am

Great thanks, going to have fun playing around with this :nice:
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:21 am

Holy shit, this is golden mate. Somebody buy this chap a beer. In 2019.
Jokes aside, brilliant job :B:

Menace

Post by Menace » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:18 am

Great stuff!
Ayy blyat!

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Cheers FireFly - I've downloaded it and will give it a bash on Thursday! Much appreciated :nice:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Firefly
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Post by Firefly » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Bunny wrote:Cheers FireFly - I've downloaded it and will give it a bash on Thursday! Much appreciated :nice:
Lemme know how it goes :)

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:29 pm

:nice: :salute: :blah:
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:12 pm

I thought you already had it Onebad. :nice:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:19 am

Bravo :)

Jammy

Re: FIX: Teamspeak Plugins

Post by Jammy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:32 pm

Very cool! :nice:

As Sharpe has pointed out to me directly the lower volume is a problem. But otherwise very nice!
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do