Cockpit often nonresponsive

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Moggel

Cockpit often nonresponsive

Post by Moggel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi aces,

Started fiddling with COD again after several years off. I have the latest TF version but my problem is the planes very often stop responding to interaction. I can always, 100%, use the rudders, ailerons and elevators but other axis-controlled stuff like throttle, prop-pitch, mixture and radiator often stops responding. Same with mouse interaction and even keybound stuff like Ignition. Sometime ity all works and then after a few minutes it stops working. Sometime it starts working again but often not. Haven't really found any pattern here.

I'm running Windows 10, TF v.4.312. The HOTAS is an ancient Saitek X52 along with a Saitek Cessna trim wheel, a Saitek throttle quadrant and a pair of Saitek PRO Flight Rudder pedals. Have loats of memory and the GPU is a Nvidia GeForce 1070.

Anyone else seen this?

/mog
Last edited by Moggel on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darky

Re: Cockpit often nonresponsive

Post by Darky » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:43 pm

No sorry Moggel i run Windows 10 and a Saitek x52 pro and all works fine for me. Is your problem when online or offline and when you have a problem do you have to restart your machine or does other stuff work after the problem?

"I, Brian Anthony Dark, Swear by Almighty God that I will be Faithful and bear True Allegiance to His Royal Highness King George VI, his Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in Duty bound, Honestly and Faithfully Defend His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all Enemies and will Observe and Obey all Orders of His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, and of the Air Officers and other Officers set over me."

Moggel

Post by Moggel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:47 pm

I have only run offline so far. Rebooting the box sometime seems to help and I have had sessions without any problems but sometimes the game just isn't playable.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:59 pm

When it does happen, if you alt-tab into the desktop and check your peripherals in device manager are they still working? I.e. is it a COD specific thing?

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:24 pm

Couldn't be something daft like the USB devices all drawing too much power could it? Do you get it in other sims? Have you added anything new and power hungry (1070?) recently?

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Moggel

Post by Moggel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Donkey wrote:When it does happen, if you alt-tab into the desktop and check your peripherals in device manager are they still working? I.e. is it a COD specific thing?
Yes. In fact, if I go to Options >> Control and check out the axis they also work (the green sliders react). What's weird is that this is not only an axis thing. Even mouse-interactions (like fuel cock, magnetos etc.) and most keybindings stop working when it happens.
Last edited by Moggel on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moggel

Post by Moggel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Bunny wrote:Couldn't be something daft like the USB devices all drawing too much power could it? Do you get it in other sims? Have you added anything new and power hungry (1070?) recently?
I'm not doing alot of sims these days but I'm sometimes playing around with one other sim and I have never seen this behavior. On the other hand that's a very simply sim by comparison and I'm only using the normal throttle+stick+pedals (not trim and throttle quadrant). Also, I have not seen that sim stop responding to the keyboard.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:59 pm

so almost as iof the game has lost focus. Wierd - are you running it in fullscreen or pseudo fullscreen? (Not that my question is going anywhere really, just thinking of window focus - I'm guessing it's *possible* that in pseudo some other thing you are running grabs focus silently, whereas I guess that is not possible in fuill screen)

Moggel

Post by Moggel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Donkey wrote:so almost as iof the game has lost focus. Wierd - are you running it in fullscreen or pseudo fullscreen? (Not that my question is going anywhere really, just thinking of window focus - I'm guessing it's *possible* that in pseudo some other thing you are running grabs focus silently, whereas I guess that is not possible in fuill screen)
Loosing focus seems like what's going on, yes. I am running in full screen however so that's not the problem.

Not sure if this might be a clue but in the 109 I've found that when this happens the oil radiator can usually still be mouse controlled and when I use it I get back control of the rest of the plane as well.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:09 pm

You're running a trimwheel... Could it be something like this?

http://aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =18&t=5940