aiming with track ir....

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Zyk

aiming with track ir....

Post by Zyk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:50 am

i'm doing kinda ok learning to look around with track ir....but noticed one huge problem. when you use hats and such to look around, your view is 'solid', or in sync with the airplane. same thing with the sight, your view stays centered in the sight. i am finding with trackir, this isn't the case. your head doesn't stay locked with the sight, and the plane moves independently of your head, making keeping the sight centered nearly impossible for me. is there a way to 'freeze' the trackir, or something, to lock your view centered to the plane and sight ?

LuftAsher

Re: aiming with track ir....

Post by LuftAsher » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:02 am

IIRC pressing F9 will lock TrackIR in its current position. I find that having my head move independently of the aircraft is more helpful than harmful, personally. These days I don't even use Lean to Gunsight in Cliffs because I find it too limiting. If I want to look through the sight, I just keep my head where I need it to be. Sometimes I don't shoot using the sight at all, but lean off to one side since I know where my point of aim is anyway, but to keep the target in sight and time the shot correctly, I need to be looking around the sight.

TrackIR takes a while to get used to, but once you learn to use it, it is far superior to a locked view.

Zyk

Post by Zyk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:12 am

thx, luft! that is what i needed. i found the adjustment on trackir.....it's the 'pause' key, was able to change it to the joy. exactly what i needed...thx again!

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:39 am

Zyk, as you get more used to track IR you may find yourself locking it less and less. I remember when I first used Track IR I felt the same way as you. Instead of using a pause though I adjusted the curves in the track IR software so when I go back to neutral I only have to be close to have it snap to the gunsight. You'll find your own preference though I'm sure.

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:10 pm

I've never used the 'pause TiR' key, but use the 'centre TiR' key a lot!
Once you get used to it you'll wonder how you ever flew without it.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift