Time to Take a Break

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Geordie

Time to Take a Break

Post by Geordie » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:39 pm

I've been debating this over the past couple of weeks but I have decided that I need to step away from flying for the foreseeable future.

Without going into too much detail and boring you all, things are getting busy in my personal life at the moment. Between my day job and other hobbies/tasks there just isn't enough time during the week to get everything done.

I fully hope to be back in the flying seat in the future (Whenever that may be) if welcome but I can't commit to the Sunday flight times any more. It's not fair on everyone else if I don't show up every week for my designated flight time.

I fully expect some backlash on this post for having to leave and that's fair if you feel that way.

I've already spoke to Sharpe and told him that I would be stepping out for a while.

I'll still be around the forum when I get the chance. ACG has been my home for a long time and I still like to think of it that way even though I'm no longer flying. What we do here is an experience that no one else offers. Everyone in this community plays their part and it would be nothing without each and every one of you. I wish I could continue in the campaign but sadly it's not possible for me at this moment in time.

Thanks again to everyone and continue to do what you guys do.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Re: Time to Take a Break

Post by Ginger » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:19 pm

Sorry to hear that Geordie , I was in the same boat but things change and one day you might find time to fly again. On a positive note Sharpe had put you as my wingman so at least I have a better chance of surviving now! :D
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:11 am

Sad to see you go mate, but it sounds like you're planning a comeback eventually so that's ok :D Just don't be a stranger in the meantime :nice:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:42 am

Hopefully see you back soon, Geordie :salute:
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:14 am

Geordie I'm sorry to see you go, but hopfully not for long :hi: :salute:

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:42 am

Look forward to seeing you in 32 again

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:43 am

Yeah you must be seriously worn out from all those missions you've been flying ;)

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:03 pm

LuftAsher wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:43 am
Yeah you must be seriously worn out from all those missions you've been flying ;)
Sarcasm is the lowest form of witt...
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:45 pm

Witt?

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Alicia Witt? Mmmmmm.