Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Arse Kicker

Post by Donkey » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:23 pm

So I decided recently to "up" my VR experience by investing in a ButtKicker. At least .. I was going to until I saw how much those things cost. So I decided that I should simply assemble my own:

Required bits: ...and that's it.

You then download VoiceMeeter Banana (free) to allow you to split your sound output and filter out anything other than the low frequency bass rumbles and you are good to go. It's amazing. And in VR it's FUCKING amazing.

Total spend was just under £70. If you have the cash and fancy adding an extra dimension to your simming, I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: Arse Kicker

Post by Gromic » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:34 pm

Oh do please let us know how it works although I'm very wary about drilling anything into the bottom of my chair. Still, sounds like an awesome mod Donkey!
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:07 pm

It works *really* well. Flew Sunday's campaign with it on, and coupled with VR I really, really felt like I was there. Even my wife thinks it's "really good". Mind you, that could be because women and vibrating chairs...

Crane

Post by Crane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Can confirm. Got a couple of bass transducers inside the padding of by seat, and its a great immersion boost. Not too expensive either.

I did have to implement a virtual audio cable to take away the low freqencies of all teamspeak audio, as guys with low voices tend to have a feelable effect. (So here's a little hint on how to troll donkey untill he gets that figured out. Muahaha)

Bully

Post by Bully » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:01 pm

Crane wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:38 pm
So here's a little hint on how to troll donkey untill he gets that figured out. Muahaha
Already done, though some had more effect than others..

Cheers for posting the 'how to' Donkey - may have to give this a go.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:08 am

Crane wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:38 pm
(So here's a little hint on how to troll donkey untill he gets that figured out. Muahaha)
Sadly not Crane, I cleaned up my act after landing last night and now use the following routings:

OS -> VoiceMeeter VAIO -> Headphones AND Bass units
TS -> VoiceMeeter Aux -> Headphones

Because I put the bass units on the el-cheapo usb sound card that I bought, I now have two separate playback channels. so everything goes to headphones ... but only OS sounds go to the arse shakers - i.e. TS is explicitly blocked from them now. And of those OS sounds, sounds with a frequency greater than about 100Hz get filtered out. So all of you deep-voiced lotharios are wasting your time trying to give my pants a low frequency rumble... :D

Crane

Post by Crane » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:11 am

:lol: :salute:

Bully

Post by Bully » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:32 pm

With Donkey's help just finished setting mine up and it's bloody fantasitc1!!! Highly recommend doing this if you can.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:22 pm

you most as well come out of the closet at this point and say you like a bit of vibration on ya prostate

https://www.lovehoney.com.au/sex-toys/a ... vibrators/

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Bully

Post by Bully » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:54 pm

Kildren you bloody legend! Because you gave me the link to the Aussie version of the site it gave me a 10% off voucher to use if I switched to the uk version. You’ve just saved me a few hundred pounds. I ordered a few to be sent to you as a thank you. Have fun!