75 Years ago today - June 6th 1944 - D-Day

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

BlackDog

75 Years ago today - June 6th 1944 - D-Day

Post by BlackDog » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:01 pm

I wanted to create a post for everyone to take part in.

It is the 75th anniversary of one of the greatest military operations of all time.

I encourage you all to have a look online today and post a single historical image that appeals to you for whatever reason from the D-Day invasion force.

I thought this was a great pic!

75 Years ago today, many gave their greatest sacrifice to ensure we have the right to enjoy our freedoms. Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Travel, Freedom of Religion and Freedom to live our lives to our own beliefs, as opposed to indoctrinated propaganda and dogma.

THANK YOU to all the brave men and women that gave so much, mentally, physically and mortally. We will forever be in your debt.

:salute:
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Bully

Re: 75 Years ago today - June 6th 1944 - D-Day

Post by Bully » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:56 pm

This one, taken from the excellent WW2 Colourised Photos page on Facebook. How these young guys must have been feeling at the time...
June 5 1944

American troops of the 1st Infantry Division leaving the port of Weymouth, Dorset in Southern England en route to Omaha Beach in Normandy.

Meaker

Re: 75 Years ago today - June 6th 1944 - D-Day

Post by Meaker » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:49 pm

Love this one.....The 101st 'Screaming Eagles' about to do some serious ass kicking.

Eisenhower '' The eyes of the world are upon you ''........No pressure then !