Looking for help on a film project

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Onebad

Re: Looking for help on a film project

Post by Onebad » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:02 pm

Aw shit forgot we would need appropriate skins to recreate that.
Any volunteers in da house?

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:15 pm

Hopefully there’s some cool skin kids about but if not I will have a look, time is just a pita though.
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:59 pm

I can do the skins , just let me know what we need. :nice:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Vanguard wrote:paging Dr. Vano
Vanguard does a mean skin.

Not sure the Cliffs map goes that far north, but can certainly do our best. As far as weather is concerned, you'd have to ask those with mission building experience.
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:09 pm

Ginger wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:59 pm
I can do the skins , just let me know what we need. :nice:
This;
AIRCRAFT: Main aircraft for use in this project will be the Hawker Hurricane Mk.1. and Spitfire Mk.1. I can provide serials of the exact aircraft that were involved, but not sure of Aircraft codes exactly for this mission. I am aware that 74 had codes ZP and 56 used code LR. It would be excellent if a Blenheim could make an appearance at some point also.
COLOURS: All aircraft at this time, Sept 1939, should have been painted in overall Dark Earth/Dark Green upper Camouflage and the underside surfaces should be Black on Port wing and Fuselage, and White on Starboard Wing and Fuselage with a clean line down the centre of the underside of the fuselage. Not National marking under wings, and upper wings and fuselage national markings are purely red/blue. Codes in Grey.
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Guido

Post by Guido » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:51 pm

If it's heavy fog at ground level, then all you need to see below would be a cloud bank. If that's the case, it can be done anywhere, which is good as I think Sharpe's right that the map doesn't extend that far north. That does beg the question of how they got airborne in the first place though... :?

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Ginger » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:47 pm

Nick
Can you post the code letters you need , ZP-? /LR-? so I can get the skins started. :nice:

nickblack423

Post by nickblack423 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:01 pm

Hello guys,

Weather wise, I dont think it was actually as 'pea-soup' as they made out in narratives in their memoirs, but I reckon a very low-lying mist would be perfect.
Map wise, yeah I appreciate it doesnt actually have to go all the way to Ipswich, but the majority of their flight will be northbound patrol and so the sea will need to be on the east as they fly ideally. I guess anywhere along the East coast will suffice.

Serials wise - I have not been able to find out exactly which serials matched which aircraft at this point of the war. Malan flew ZP-A later in the war but he was more established in the Squadron by then.
There were 6 Aircraft from 74 Airborne so I would maybe just opt for A-F or whatever combination you think. They only had 12 aircraft assigned per Sqn at that time. Likewise for 56 Squadron.
Of note for 56 Squadron is that, again I believe, only one aircraft that was scrambled had the 3 blade prop installed at the time, and that was L1980 that was flown by Frank Rose and crashed with no fatality. Its serial is listed as LR-C.

Nick

nickblack423

Post by nickblack423 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:03 pm

I will come back with some details of the mission and what kind of footage I would like to get in a bit, but heres at least food for thought and prep.

NIck

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Ginger » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:07 pm

Here's a quick look at a test 74 skin,if that's what you need i'll carry one.
Last edited by Ginger on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.