Wireless peripherals

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Onebad

Wireless peripherals

Post by Onebad » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:19 pm

I'm looking to upgrade my setup to a wireless mouse and headset.
I think I already know what mouse I'm going to get, but I'm looking for advise on a solid wireless headset.

Sound quality, build quality, wear quality and battery life are all very important to me, and if any of you can recommend me a good pair I'd be very happy.
+1 if it's RGB because I'm a fucking child.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Re: Wireless peripherals

Post by Donkey » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:24 pm

Hyper X cloud flight S has qi charging. Just sayin'....

Elos

Post by Elos » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:17 pm

I tried out several wireless Headsets in the past but had a variety of issues with them, even in the ~120€ Range. If you want a good one it might cost you 150€ at least. The Astro A50 seems to be really good but it comes with a hefty 300€+ price tag. You might want to look at the A20 (~160€) as well. There may be other manufacturers with better sound and mic quality in the same price range but in general Astro Headsets tend to be pretty sturdy and reliable so hopefully less issues than the others for the wireless models as well.

But then again i'd also be interested in suggestions for (other) good wireless headsets as much as you are.

Is there a strong reason why you have to switch for mouse and keyboard to? Which means you need to carry both away from your PC or is it just reducing cables? For a headset the increased mobility and hence the trade-off having to rely on batteries is certainly worth it but for input peripherals i'd say it's only worth it if you really need to take both away from the PC.

Gelobt sei, was hart macht.

Rex
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant

Post by Rex » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:33 pm

I have been using the wireless Steelseries Headsets for years now and I am pretty pleased with them :D
One of the really nice features is that the batteries can be switched out and it comes with 2 so that one is always charging while the other one is powering the headset. And if they get weak you can just buy a new set :D

Elos

Post by Elos » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:37 am

Rex wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:33 pm
I have been using the wireless Steelseries Headsets for years now and I am pretty pleased with them :D
One of the really nice features is that the batteries can be switched out and it comes with 2 so that one is always charging while the other one is powering the headset. And if they get weak you can just buy a new set :D
Which series exactly would you recommend, Arctis?

Rex
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant

Post by Rex » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:57 pm

I have the Arctis Pro :)

Elos

Post by Elos » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:54 am

As long as you put 300 bucks on the table for a wireless headset you can't fail, got it ;-)

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:07 pm

Elos wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:54 am
As long as you put 300 bucks on the table for a wireless headset you can't fail, got it ;-)
Yeah thats just how it is. But imagine never having to worry about pulling the wire when you need to take a quick leak mid game. Worth every penny.

Elos

Post by Elos » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Onebad wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:07 pm
Elos wrote:
Yeah thats just how it is. But imagine never having to worry about pulling the wire when you need to take a quick leak mid game. Worth every penny.
Exactly, that's what i miss most since i got me a cable headset again.

Rex
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant

Post by Rex » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:00 pm

Onebad wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:07 pm
Elos wrote:
Even better, you can go take a dump and have everyone listening :mrgreen: