This aircraft is too big to send through the internet.

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Re: This aircraft is too big to send through the internet.

Post by Maltloaf » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:54 pm

Latest Coronavirus: Denmark, Slovakia and Iceland added to England's travel quarantine list. Fucking, fucking hell! Well, that puts that off for the foreseeable future!
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Cule

Post by Cule » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Maltloaf wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:36 pm
it does not have a Certificate of Airworthiness
Do you need one to be arranged for yus? :lecture:

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:21 pm

Why, can you issue them? As I said, probably not a good idea to do a ten hour flight across Covid torn Europe even if I got one. If I get a mag problem or something halfway across Germany it is going to turn into a multi thousand pound issue. Problem is, as it is now, it could be spring before anything lifts. Cut off for the English government is 20 per 100,000 and Slovakia has 21/100k! Come on you Slovakians, stop kissing each other or what ever you are doing. The fact that the UK is about 60 per 100,000 seems irrelevant. Once I do get it back here it will get taken off the CAA register and put on the Light Aircraft Association register which means it needs a Permit to Fly rather than a C of A.
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Cule

Post by Cule » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 pm

I would not fly this such a long leg without careful analysis of the structure and the condition of the engine. And to be honest it's probably going to be cheaper to go by car/truck if yours does good mileage all things considered.

From my title I can issue permits to fly /CAAs. But it's ironic, I cannot issue CAAs within Spain, because a bylaw states I can only do that if I had undertaken one particular excruciatingly generic non-specific masters, which is not my case.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:49 pm

kust ecpress [oust it

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union