Expensive Chairs

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Kurse

Expensive Chairs

Post by Kurse » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:16 am

Hey everyone,

I'm considering spending several hundred dollars on a Secret Lab Titan (or Titan XL) chair but before I do I thought I'd ask around if any of you already own one and what your impressions of said chair are?
I've gone through multiple budget chairs and none of them provide sufficient comfort and support so I'm looking into high quality chairs.
Another idea I had was to buy a driver's seat from the junk yard and build my sim pit around that but that sounds like a lot of work and I'm not sure where I'd put it in the house.

A little back story without boring you with detail.
I suffer from neuropathy caused by autonomic dysfunction and the constant pain severely limits my flying time. My hope is that if I get a better chair I'll be able to play and hang out longer without suffering so much for it.

I'm open to any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks,
Kurse.

Konaber

Re: Expensive Chairs

Post by Konaber » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:23 am

Have a look at that beauty:
https://www.monster.tech/produkt-katego ... ght-chair/

Afaik the ship over the atlantic.

Kurse

Post by Kurse » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:56 am

WOW!

Elos

Post by Elos » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:16 am

I bought the Secret Lab Titan 2020 last year and it has helped my back a lot so fatt. Sometimes i have to sit 12+ hours on that chair and it really makes a difference. What i don't know however if it helps with the neuropathy you experience. I'd certainly get a medical professionals oppinion beforehand on that.

Gelobt sei, was hart macht.

Kurse

Post by Kurse » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:14 pm

Elos wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:16 am
I bought the Secret Lab Titan 2020 last year and it has helped my back a lot so fatt. Sometimes i have to sit 12+ hours on that chair and it really makes a difference. What i don't know however if it helps with the neuropathy you experience. I'd certainly get a medical professionals oppinion beforehand on that.
Thank you Elos, that's the kind of info I was looking for.
Unfortunately, no chair is actually going to 'help' so I'm just looking for one that doesn't make the pain worse.

Kurse

Post by Kurse » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:24 pm

Konaber wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:23 am

As incredibly cool as that is I added up all the components and it would be over $1,130 before we even talk about shipping :shock:

Elos

Post by Elos » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:02 pm

Kurse wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:24 pm
Konaber wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:23 am

As incredibly cool as that is I added up all the components and it would be over $1,130 before we even talk about shipping :shock:
Quality wise they shouldn't be much different. With the Secretlab Titan you just have fewer customization options but in general the final price tends to be cheaper.

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:14 pm

i know nothing about that 1 specifically but all the so called gaming chairs ive sat in are an absolute con. theyr basically office chairs!! im using a car seat, cost me nowt it VERY well built (FAAAAAAAR better than the gaming chairs ive sat in) and can seat in it for hours without really noticing at all

Konaber

Post by Konaber » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:56 am

Kurse wrote:
I thought it'll fit your title "expensive chairs" :D
I love that it has a center stick cut-out by default.
But Scoobys' advice is woth a try, car seats are designed to be sat in for hours and hours and can be dirt cheap if pulled out a wrecked car.

Elos

Post by Elos » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:50 am

Konaber wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:56 am
Kurse wrote:
I thought it'll fit your title "expensive chairs" :D
I love that it has a center stick cut-out by default.
But Scoobys' advice is woth a try, car seats are designed to be sat in for hours and hours and can be dirt cheap if pulled out a wrecked car.
Yes that's also a point worth condsidering depending on what you want to use that chair for. If it is only flying the car seat may be a good option. However if you spend a lot of time besides flying in it (e.g. for remote work at home) those "gamer-office" chairs maybe the better option.