New guy question

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Majii

New guy question

Post by Majii » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:00 am

Hey all,

I have been going over training and aircraft familiarization videos produced by some of your members hoping to reduce the transition time when I am finally able to join you guys. Is there anything/ area that you have noticed over the years that new guys typically get hung up on or have any recommendations on areas to focus to better prepare for my first flight with ACG? Thanks and have a great day.

Steve

Joghurt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: New guy question

Post by Joghurt » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:25 am

Hi smercer,

you want to have a look into Requiems videos as well. He is doing a fantastic work with his familiarization.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwV5RL ... 5gTIiuwGmg

I would say dont force it to hard. Choose the faction you like the most. Look what the squadrons are flying in the campaign. Get into the aircraft and just fly it, have fun. Everything else is just a matter of time and effort. We will gladly help you to get in touch with the do's and dont's of the chosen aircraft. Join the training sessions on thursday if possible and you are good to go.
Hope to see you in the air soon. :salute:

Cheers

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:33 pm

Hi smerser,
I would agree with Joghurt. Get in to the aircraft you will be flying in the campaign, and fly, fly fly. Get familiar with every aspect of the plane and what everything does in that particular AC. They all feel a different, but concentrate on the one you will be flying the most. There is so much to know and the learning curve is steep, but with time, things will become second nature.
One thing to help you and your squadron mates out from the beginning, is just learning how to taxi, takeoff, and form up. We fight as a team in the ACG, and that means sticking together.
Probably the biggest skill to develop is SA (situational awareness) . Knowing what is going on around you. Where everyone is, and what their energy state is. It takes time to learn, and there is no substitute for just putting in the flight time.
The good news is that all this training and practice is a lot of fun. The better you get, the more fun it is.
So enjoy and learn.

Majii

Post by Majii » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:32 pm

Thanks for taking the time to respond fellas. I know I am probably getting wrapped around the axle on this stuff (OCD and all haha). I will definitely check out Requiems stuff and hopefully join you all in game soon! Fly safe!

Steve

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:35 am

Smercer, ACG has no standards other than be able to take off with some control and fly with the ablity to stay or your group / navigate a bit so you don't get lost, and land (which isn't always needed). All the dogfighting skills etc come over the years, but we don't care about it.

We care about being a good member, a nice, reliable and helpful person to others and the group as a whole. This matters far more.

I'll speak to you on TS on Sunday then :salute:

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:48 pm

We like targets broski. Welcome aboard!

Cannedcornnn

Post by Cannedcornnn » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:34 pm

I got kicked and I cant rejoin, And I did nothing wrong but I really wanna be apart of this community so please help me.

Coopes
Major
Major
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Coopes » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:47 pm

Cannedcornnn, I dont recognise you. What was your name before? Come on TS and chat.....

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:50 pm

Cannedcornnn wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:34 pm
I got kicked and I cant rejoin, And I did nothing wrong but I really wanna be apart of this community so please help me.
I checked the ban list and we have 1 IP address on it and it's not yours. It look like you aren't banned so I really don't understand that rejoin block you're talking about. What did you do to get kicked? You would have to be doing something 'special'.

Also, we noticed that you have added ACG_ tags to your name in the BoX forums. You aren't a member of ACG, you need to come in and fly with us a bit before we can offer you this. Can you please firstly remove the tags, then show up for our campaign on Sunday, then we'll take it from there.

Cannedcornnn

Post by Cannedcornnn » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 pm

I removed the tag like 2 weeks ago, also I have no idea what I did, It says whoops unable to join when ever I try to join the discord. Also How would I be able to join the Sunday campaigns if I'm not in the discord
Last edited by Cannedcornnn on Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.