Spit VB

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Dange

Spit VB

Post by Dange » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:44 am

The fuel gauge in the Spit VB changes from full to empty and back to full .... constantly . I never get to see what my fuel status is .
Did a test with only 10% load . Fuel gauge showed the correct reading and then went to empty , then back to the 10% reading and THEN back to empty . Switching constantly .

Anyone else experiencing this ?

Dange

Dubsy
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
Staff

Re: Spit VB

Post by Dubsy » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:16 am

Yes, the real life gauge is usually off and you press a button to get a reading. For some reason this was put into BoX as the gauge always being off, except when you fly level for a certain time, when it will pulse on. If you need to check fuel just fly level for about 12 seconds. The gauge will show up with the correct reading. It's annoying but it works
It is also gauging only 37 gallons of the 85 total carried, so it's basically telling you when you're running out. Otherwise it will be full. You can fairly easily get from Northern France to a coastal UK airfield on 10 gal, so it's a fair bit of warning.
"I am going to have these ships delivered on time and if you fail me your houses will be made a dunghill and your wives liquidated"
- Jackie Fisher, 1914

Dange

Post by Dange » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:26 pm

Thanks Dubsy I will try the 12 second theory , however I have never seen the gauge indicating anything but full or empty except for the 'test' I tried but it still cycled between empty and the 10% which was the setting I put the volume at .
Twelve seconds straight and level could be deadly in enemy territory.

Dubsy
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
Staff

Post by Dubsy » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:29 pm

Yes it's a bit tricky. I'd recommend doing it with someone to watch your six and only when you think you might actually be running low.
"I am going to have these ships delivered on time and if you fail me your houses will be made a dunghill and your wives liquidated"
- Jackie Fisher, 1914

Ocelot
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocelot » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:26 pm

Best way to think of it is a binary indicator like the gas light in your car. As soon as it indicates anything but full you should be considering how to get home.

Stribers
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Stribers » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:55 pm

Don't worry chaps the Luftwaffe will help you with the uncertainty of whether you will have enough fuel.
Just a few seconds of that level flight will take those thoughts from your mind.

Dange

Post by Dange » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:13 pm

THat .... is exactly my concern lol ....