The gun topic

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Bunny

Re: The gun topic

Post by Bunny » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:49 pm

But, but, we haven't seen any poking with the soft cushions yet!!

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:39 am

Dickie wrote: Is this ok though?
No, its not ok.

It is the mindless resort and witless retort of morons.
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:24 am

paddy i assume that was directed at me. While I dont disagree...

... Dickie calling Atreides a faggot was worse.

pot. meet kettle.

Double

Post by Double » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 am

Sprite wrote:paddy i assume that was directed at me. While I dont disagree...

pot. meet kettle.

Not even close to the same level you fucking douche. I get the back and forth name calling, you're a bunch of internet tough guys, but bringing someones loved one into the mix is abhorrent and only shows that you are losing traction with your own argument. I've left people in dumpsters IRL for less.

Dickie, why don't you ban this cunt from posting here? I know we have an open forum policy, but this pogue has overstepped.

:salute: (but not to Sprite) DS
Last edited by Double on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I hate being bipolar, it's fucking awesome!

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:00 am

Sprite wrote:paddy i assume that was directed at me. While I dont disagree...

pot. meet kettle.

I called Atreides a faggot, after I told him to eat a bag of dicks.
I also apologized to try and repair the damage with good result. We're still buddies and I look forward to his return.

I have to say Sprite, really not cool do drag a mans wife into a fight. Really poor choice.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:23 am

The maturity displayed by grown, married men on these forums makes me look forward to when I get older myself. Glad to see you guys still keep your edges sharp, for my or others entertainment.

Honestly though it's like the 10th time an argument with near lethal results could be avoided by simply keeping one's opinions to yourself and mouth shut. It's hard to aim that at anybody at this point and it's to late to try and be a referee, so just make sure to think twice before typing some mad trash on the forums next time ey.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:24 am

Yeah I agree, Onebad. Honestly Sprite I tried to vouch for you but putting yourself on the same level or lower won't help you with much. Don't think it's ban necessary, but you're digging your own grave. Getting shit of for sarcasm might suck, but coming back with such things isn't going to fix anything.

There's better ways to get points across...

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:35 am

You're right I'd be furious if someone did that to me. So I apologize to Dickie if it's worth anything. A banning is certainly justified.

And double you are free to speak with me in person at Oshkosh next year, it's one of the largest airshows in the world, you'd really enjoy it. Keep on mind I am a government official, however, and will be working the event. I will not tolerate a threat if that would be your intention for showing up.

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:03 am

Double

Post by Double » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:36 am

Sprite wrote:You're right I'd be furious if someone did that to me. So I apologize to Dickie if it's worth anything. A banning is certainly justified.

And double you are free to speak with me in person at Oshkosh next year, it's one of the largest airshows in the world, you'd really enjoy it. Keep on mind I am a government official, however, and will be working the event. I will not tolerate a threat if that would be your intention for showing up.
This will be my only time responding directly to you as normally I prefer not to waste my time with people beneath me.

I don't know you IRL so you shouldn't have taken what I said as a threat. I'm sorry if I frightened you. I was merely conveying how much shit people get a pass on on the internet that would have dire consequences in life. What you have responded with is actually a threat. Now I feel I can never show my face in Oshkosh for fear of something really really terrible happening to me, by a big time "government official". So much for my dream of going to Oshkosh.

On the note of you being a "government official". Way to represent! Thank you for your service. You are helping turn around peoples ideas of what kind of folks we have have in government.

On a more serious note and a TIL moment for everyone. People are pretty free with there words on a forum and that okay, that's what the internet is, but never forget that you truly don't know the type of person sitting behind the other keyboard. You could be talking on a forum and find out you just frightened a "government official", or picked on an old ladys cat picture and made here cry, or make an offer for a meeting at an Oshkosh Airshow only to find that they actually show up. Remember everyone, there is a real person with real feelings on the on the other end of the internet.

:salute: (but not to Sprite) DS
"I hate being bipolar, it's fucking awesome!