Chumleigh's resignation

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Chumleigh

Chumleigh's resignation

Post by Chumleigh » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:01 am

Hello All,

Let me begin by saying that I have immensely enjoyed the time I've spent as a member of ACG and the 4th Staffel and have benefitted considerably from the time, effort and patience that past and present ACG members have devoted towards training me - guys like Vranac, Black, Looky, Coolhand, Ape, Casca, Mason, Reinhart - to name a few.

To my knowledge there is nothing that surpasses the immersive experience that ACG provides and continues to improve upon and I am very grateful to Osprey, Pitti, and all the other members of ACG for allowing me to participate. It is not by virtue of any shortcomings, failures or disappointments with regard to ACG nor any dsipute or conflict with any of it's staff or membership that I made the decision to resign.

My motivation was based purely on a desire to improve my skills and tactics piloting the 109 as the member of a schwarm/staffel and to that end I had the good fortune to fly with a squad wherein every other pilot is considerably more skilled and experienced than myself. I had hoped to pass on what i learned to the new members of the 4th, as I felt underqualified for the role of mentor, but it soon became apparant that I had too much to learn merely to pass on a few 'tricks of the trade' from my observations.

I should add that I wasn't recruited by any means. Instead I took it upon myself to pursue the opportunity. Over the past few months I've personally not made any improvements to speak of and finally concluded that the only way to get out of my rut was to make a permanent change where I'd be surrounded by those who possess the knowledge and skills I wish to acquire and I'd be able to devote the necessary time to do so.

After all if Vranac, Pitti, Atreides, Looky, Osprey, Reinhart, Ape, Coolhand, Robo and a handful of others of their calibre were all part of the same staffel, there's not much chance I'd make the cut! The squad I'm joining is probably as close as it gets to that and strangely enough they've agreed to have me aboard. God knows why, but clearly I can't help but take advantage of the opportunity.

So I hope that you all will understand and trust that I have not given any cause to doubt my sincerity with regard to the foregoing. I thank you all and wish you the best of luck - especially in the forthcoming ACG expansion...
And to Reinhart and particularly the newest pilots in the 4th, good luck and good hunting. You're in very capable hands.

Chum
Intel I7-3770k LGA1155 3.5GHz CPU --- Corsair H80 liquid CPU cooler --- Corsair Force GS 125 GB Solid State Drive --- EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4GB GPU --- ASUS P8Z77-V LE Plus Motherboard --- 32 GB Corsair DDR3 1600 MHz RAM --- TrackIR 5 --- CH Pro throttle --- Saitek Pro pedals and Cessna trim wheel --- MS Sidewinder FF2 stick

Javelina

Re: Chumleigh's resignation

Post by Javelina » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:13 am

Chum,

sorry to hear that you're leaving, but I truly do wish you all the best. It's been great flying with you in our Staffel. Good luck and good hunting, I'm sure we'll cross paths in the virtual skies from time to time...

-Jav
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850P2 PSU, PointCTRL

Robo

Post by Robo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:18 am

Sorry to see you go, but I understand your reasons. All the best with your new squadron, Hals- und Beinbruch mate ;)

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:34 am

Best of luck Chumleigh.

~S~

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:34 pm

Fare thee well.

Just remember, not everything is gold that glitters:) Remember to think outside the box that will no doubt be presented to you.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:09 pm

All the best to you and have a great time in your new Squadron.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Best of luck!

Obermann

Post by Obermann » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:18 am

Best of luck, Chumleigh. It was good to fly with you, even if only the once. Give em hell man.

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:01 am

Sad that you leave us. But I wish you all the best.

Lee
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Lee » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Sad to read that Chumleigh .
I personally believe that you are making a mistake .
The way I see it , I may suck today ,I may suck tomorrow ,
But soon , and for the rest of my life ,
I will be the best this glorious Luftwaffe has ever seen .
I whish you will reconsider , I will be honored to fly your wing .
In case you will not , be well my friend .