The music topic

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Atreides

The music topic

Post by Atreides » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:20 am

A topic about anything you want to share about music :)

Let me start it of with this unconventional man. I really recommend taking 34 minutes to view the movie "Runaway" without skipping ahead all the time. I first knew him mostly from popular media stereotyping him as a no good throublemaker. However, when listening to his music and with the context of the interview I added in this post (also worth watching fully), it does seem that he is a groundbreaking artist.

full screen recommended

Geordie

Re: The music topic

Post by Geordie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:13 am

Are we talking about music that we listen to while playing Cliffs or music we listen to in general?

If we're talking in general I've found myself listening to Hugh Laurie's albums lately. If you're into your blues I advise checking them out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfCvejS ... 737FC10998

Embedding wouldn't work =(
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:58 am

C64 remixes, C64 remixes, C64 remixes... HOOOOOO!

Okay, not a C64 remix, but still a nice one. Raptor - Call of the shadows was such a badass game:D

http://remix.kwed.org/

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:44 pm

Awesome 80's game nerdy music! Can listen to that over Kanye West anyday :)

Robo

Post by Robo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:13 pm

Kayne West. :?:

Who are you and what have you done to Atreides? :mrgreen:

(jjk - not that bad at all)

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:28 pm

I used a C64 remix as the soundtrack for a Planetside movie I made many years ago, called 'Oldschool'. The idea was that the real Planetside was in fact just the latest in a long line of remakes (which it wasn't), so we were still oldschool gamers.

Started with a C64 version of the game using the original r-type soundtrack, then switched to the proper version of Planetside using a new remixed version of the soundtrack. To me it was just a bit of fun, but the number of requests I got from people for a copy of Planetside64 was amazing :lol: I had to keep explaining that I only built a couple of minutes of the game to use in the movie, so there was really nothing worth uploading...

Funny thing is, I made that movie so long ago that the 'new' Planetside is of course now really old, and the nostalgia becomes recursive. :ugeek:

Edit - I found the vid on Youtube, uploaded by a guy who used to archive a load of Planetside vids. Phear my 480p goodness and mighty 4:3 aspect ratio!!! :lol: (For anyone who ever played Planetside, the best bits of my 'Planetside64' are clearly the Galaxy dropship, the stupid Vanu ball-lightning, and the animation on the dying Terran MAX units. For anyone who didn't play Planetside none of that will make much sense!)

Note - Planetside64 was supposed to be an in-joke to Planetside players, and as such it goes on for far too long for most people to enjoy. If you just want to hear the remixed music skip to 2.45, and get bonus Spandau Ballet at 10.10

I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Robo

Post by Robo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:46 pm

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:15 am

[quote="Robo"][/quote]

Strange and bad cheesy house , but video is nice and nicely directed :D

Listen to this, one of the best underground bands from Serbia, thrust me that would be a world wide hit if supported by mainstream media.
Powerful song.

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:37 am

And here is the Man , showing to those Hollywood morons how to act, sing and play in the same time 8-)

" Some things are to hot to touch, the human mind can stand so much, you can't win with a loosing hand " :vadar:

Robo

Post by Robo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:44 am

Vranac wrote:Strange and bad cheesy house , but video is nice and nicely directed :D
The video is a parody of the actual video on the song Hideaway by Kiesza. (DON'T watch it!) (you've been warned) :mrgreen: