A man who stared at seemingly random picture..

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Re: A man who stared at seemingly random picture..

Post by Donkey » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:42 am

Got them all. Although I suspect the (speaking in code) top one on the right hand side may actually be an A6M Zero.

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:16 pm

Donkey wrote:Got them all. Although I suspect the (speaking in code) top one on the right hand side may actually be an A6M Zero.
Had that thought... canopy too small and tail wrong shape in my opinion. To me, it's either a P 47 D or a Ki 43. The artist really skimmed on details there, just like the Typhoon (which I think is a Typhoon and not a Tempest because the Tempest has a longer sloping rudder).
Sharpe wrote:What I've got so far...
http://i.imgur.com/Qjux9VD.jpg
Would like help locating the other three planes.

Feel free to call BS on my claims :D
Good call on the KI-61. Better fit than my guess for a G-55. Don't know about the FW Kondor or the JU 290. From the front they look pretty similar:)
For your three missing: Those missing are only partial outlines. So don't look for complete shapes. Not gonna spoil more yet.

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Mauf wrote:Don't know about the FW Kondor or the JU 290. From the front they look pretty similar:)
They do, I don't know if those 'bumps' under the engines are meant to be a part of the aircraft scetch. If they are then my money's on the 290, if they aren't then it's the 200 :D

Mauf wrote:For your three missing: Those missing are only partial outlines. So don't look for complete shapes. Not gonna spoil more yet.
Ah right, I'll keep looking. Thanks old bean :)
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:00 pm

Hmm, not sure about iit being a p47, the engine cowling looks wrong to me - but you may be onto something with the KI series. Perhaps more like an 84 than a 43 though? Difficult to really tell - there's pretty much fuck-all to work with!

Having said that, on closer inspection there seems to be a "step" below the tail, which would suggest it is none of the above :(

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:15 pm

Donkey wrote:Hmm, not sure about iit being a p47, the engine cowling looks wrong to me - but you may be onto something with the KI series. Perhaps more like an 84 than a 43 though? Difficult to really tell - there's pretty much fuck-all to work with!

Having said that, on closer inspection there seems to be a "step" below the tail, which would suggest it is none of the above :(

Yeah... that step annoys the hell out of me as well. Might be artist leisure though as with the Typhoon where a lot of the details obviously aren't part of the plane. Outside of some Torpedo bombers, I can't remember any planes that had such a step in the tail. And for those, some american types, the cockpit doesn't fit as it's clearly a bubble canopy which would indicate a fighter or at least fighter-bomber.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:43 pm

Hurricane between the angry blokes legs.
Sprite is correct there is a Typhoon, it's basically the entire woman powdering her nose.

And the cow's tail on the right makes a rudder of the P-47, the left horn is its canopy, right ear its spinner