My Novel [FINISHED]

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Redeye

Re: My Novel [FINISHED]

Post by Redeye » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:33 pm

I'm still reading it when chewing my lunch from time to time. Will give feedback once done. Don't be set back by little activity, it is after all, the longest AAR around and people are mostly worried about their own pilots and squadmates:P

From what I have read so far- the tone is light and nonchalant, full of stereotypes and tropes that we shove around every Sunday with a dash of melodrama, which is, I assume, more or less exactly what you were aiming for. A serious war novel it is not, but an amusing read for Cliffs fans- sure! Your writing is better than average, and to be honest, I have done more or less exactly the same as you, a couple of years ago- only I based it more on combat reports and less on ground action- only I did not have the drive to do what you did and actually finish it.

It is commendable that you have pulled it off, and you should be proud of the result. I can send whatever thoughts I have when I have finished. It might be in a week or in a year. Either way- fly high and fast and keep enjoying this wonderful hobby we have!

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Aye, don't be despondent Firefly - it's a walloping big thing to try and read, and many of us are bona fide adults with jobs and wives and shit that stop us from devoting whole days to reading your work. But fear not, people are chipping away at it all the time :nice:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:59 am

It's on my list to read Firefly.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Firefly
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Post by Firefly » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:21 pm

Broadsword wrote:Aye, don't be despondent Firefly - it's a walloping big thing to try and read, and many of us are bona fide adults with jobs and wives and shit that stop us from devoting whole days to reading your work. But fear not, people are chipping away at it all the time :nice:
I understand. As a 17 year old chap who has just come out of the CLoD flight school, who has just lost his job and split with his partner, I have no perception of what real life is like xD

I'll wait.
In the meantime, I might "hang up my quill" as it is called. Exams are taking over again and I need time I think. Plus, when I showed it to people who lived nearby, they didn't really enjoy it soooo. yeah..

It might be REALLY bad :(

Just warning you in advance
:salute:

Firefly

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Hehe - don't worry, the people nearby probably aren't as mad about planes as we all are. Throw in enough Merlin engines and Browning machine guns and I could read just about any old shit :D
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Nails

Post by Nails » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Broadsword wrote:.....I could read just about any old shit :D
Another kick in the balls eh Firefly?

Firefly
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Post by Firefly » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:17 am

Nails wrote:
Broadsword wrote:.....I could read just about any old shit :D
Another kick in the balls eh Firefly?
Aha, maybe. It's okay though, I'm used to criticism and will take it head on :salute:

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:25 am

Aw damnit, you know what I meant :D

Firefly
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Post by Firefly » Wed May 10, 2017 2:52 pm

I just finished reading my novel back.

Mixed feelings. But that's probably just me critiquing myself... I hope

:P

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Wed May 10, 2017 9:15 pm

Broadsword wrote:and many of us are bona fide adults
Pshyically maybe, mentally? No...
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst