Do Aliens exist?

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Broadsword

Re: Do Aliens exist?

Post by Broadsword » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Stig wrote:'The historic figure Ceasar'...is it a particular one or any one of them? :lol:
Haha, good point! I was assuming he meant Julius, but I will admit that there is much less evidence for the existence of Dave Caesar :lol:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm not even catholic but I thought it was taken as a fact that Christ existed and taught. It doesn't bother me if it's proven that his existence was just a myth but I thought that there are even Roman papers confirming his existance and execution.

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:26 pm

I don't really know why some people have a problem with people believing in something, if you do have a problem with it or try to demean someone for believing in something or someone then fuck off.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:15 pm

Got no problem with whatever anyone wants to believe, it just doesn't get them a free pass to say things without disagreement. If someone claims that the Bf109 was the world's first jet fighter you'd be fine with me telling them they're wrong, but for some reason when it comes to religion I'm supposed to let it go? Onebad repeated a commonly held fallacy about the historicity of Jesus so I pointed out the mistake, just as any of us would if he was busy telling us all about how Bolivia put the first man on the moon. Bubi misrepresented Stephen Hawking's position on the anthropic principle and I responded just as we would if he'd quoted Churchill as saying "The Battle of France is over, this was their finest hour." Why apply different rules just because the subject is religion? Bubi's faith isn't going to be shaken by me trying to keep him honest, and I think he's enough of a straight shooter that he'd rather not be caught up in dirty tactics like quote-mining anyway. As for anyone who's on the fence, better that they hear all sides as far as I'm concerned...

As for the aliens that were the subject of this thread, the more we learn about the number of planets out there, and the more we learn about the ease with which organic molecules can form even in deep space, and the more we learn about liquid water oceans even in the most unexpected of places, the more likely it seems that there is a shit-ton of life out there. Most of it's likely to be just bacteria-like, but if even a tiny fraction evolves to our level or beyond it would be an amazing universe to explore...
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:23 am

Broadsword wrote:Got no problem with whatever anyone wants to believe, it just doesn't get them a free pass to say things without disagreement.
Hear hear.
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:12 am

Sharpe wrote:
Broadsword wrote:Got no problem with whatever anyone wants to believe, it just doesn't get them a free pass to say things without disagreement.
Hear hear.
Fair enough :nice:

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:41 am

Broadsword wrote:Got no problem with whatever anyone wants to believe...
I believe in Beer, for what it's worth... :B:

The rest of you can F*ck Off! :wank:
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850P2 PSU, PointCTRL

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:27 pm

Steven Hawkings is a smart guy but I've not read about any maths calculating spontaneous life yet. I'm not a math guy though so perhaps someone has calculated life and we are just about to create life from nothing.

As for Jesus I think he is immaculate conception God number 5. This is from memory. Likely he was a real person who had old God legends thrown on to get coverts. Same as adding the Christmas tree etc.

Some history I've read places the old testament stories as far older than many believe. As in 10,000+ years of oral history. There is evidence of a massive flood about 12,000 years ago and the sudden melting of the polar ice cap. Possible meteor strike? Noah origin story?

The Bible has a lot of oral history condensed into short form and shouldn't be taken literally. There are certainly clues to our own history in it though. I suspect Noah for example came from the sudden destruction caused by rapid melting of the polar ice cap. Ancient people would have made up stories about the destruction. They would need an explanation for all the suffering. All ancient people have their own stories which try to explain why we are here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_Falls

Dry Falls dwarfs Niagra and some say it was formed over two weeks. The tidal wave would have caused massive destruction globally. Ancient people would need an explanation and a vengeful God who will kill us all if you don't do exactly what I tell you is a good way to get power. A nice side effect of religion of course is civilization glue. Many of our modern laws have their origin in these old books on .

I've also read that God is Aliens though so....... Who the fuck knows. I'm going to Wheatons Law Life I (mostly) just in case. :P

With all the sad people on anti-depressants sometimes I wonder if for some people the death of belief is not as great as some think.

Maybe Aliens will save us before we nuke each other. Either way, God, aliens, this is all an imagination exercise until proof.

Wozaworld

Post by Wozaworld » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:33 pm

Smokejumper wrote:
Some history I've read places the old testament stories as far older than many believe. As in 10,000+ years of oral history. There is evidence of a massive flood about 12,000 years ago and the sudden melting of the polar ice cap. Possible meteor strike? Noah origin story?
Graham Hancock sheds some compelling evidence of two major impacts stemming from the tail of a passing comet - 13,000yrs ago in the Younger Dryas period seeing a cataclysmic impact of several fragments hitting the Earths landmass spewing fire and ash in to the Atmosphere causing it to shroud the Earth in Darkness bringing on a sudden Ice Age... 1200yrs later in the Pacific Ocean, A further impact believed to be from the same comet returning in orbit spewed Water vapour in to the Atmosphere causing a Greenhouse effect dramatically heating the Earth and icecaps causing world wide flooding.. That he believes wiped out an ancient intelligent civilisation to which is now only remembered in depictions myths and traditions and the story of "The great Flood"

Back in 1995 when Graham released his book "Fingerprints of the Gods" he was somewhat ridiculed.. but now there is cut and dry evidence produced by mainstream scientists publishing major pier review journals (like the proceedings of the National Academy of Science) to which coincides with Hancocks claims and timeline. The very fact there are Megalithic sites popping up around the Globe dating from this period and beyond, structures built with integrity and sophistication which appear to of been built by a lost civilisation.. And yet we are taught to believe that during this period there existed only primitive "Hunter Gatherers"

"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys

Jailor

Post by Jailor » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:53 pm

LuftAsher wrote:This video was released and covered in the New York fucking Times and Bubi reckons he's gonna get v& for posting his opinion on a flightsim forum? Next you'll tell me they're putting black helicopters in the water to turn the frogs straight again.
One for you all to dismiss, ridicule or fall about laughing at but it's a true account and some might find it of interest.

Way back in the mist of times before computers were common place in any homes, I bought one. It ran on windows 3.1 and you had to be able to work in and understand DOS.

Web browsers did not exist so to play a video, listen to music or work with any program you had to write the application yourself.

I am telling our younger members this so that they will understand that at this time security and firewalls were very sparse. Anyone with some spare time and a little work could get into all sorts of Government and industrial sites, sites that now are heavily defended.

This brings me to my story. I had always had a great interest in the UFO phenomenon and also keep an open mind. With my new found computer skills I set about researching all sorts of events.

What I found is too extensive to bore you with today. I found many so called secret and withheld documents that even to an open mind would be fascinating. With plenty of cross checking the evidence began to grow in my files keeping me intrigued.

Not long after I accessed some major sites I was sitting at home, the phone rang and I took a rather worrying call. I was asked in detail about some research only I new I had been carrying out.

With alarm bells ringing I had the sense when asked why I had been looking into my chosen topic to explain my interest was simply curiosity. I was asked in a very roundabout way what I had kept and found of interest. To this I replied I had kept nothing as I found it to be a load of made up rubbish.

The caller then identified himself as an American navel officer and bid me good night. I then ran up stairs and saved everything I had on floppy disc and wiped my hard drive. Younger members will have to find out what a floppy disc is LOL.

Hope that amused some and was interesting to others. Make of my true story what you wish, just thought I would share.

Happy new year all.