Would like to join .. but

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Xandax

Would like to join .. but

Post by Xandax » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:12 pm

Hello all,

I flew for eHaf years ago (Falcon BMS) and I thought I knew about flight simulators but I was amazed by the realism of IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz + Tobruk. And how difficult it came to be just to get yourself on the air...

I try to fly the Spitfire and Hurricane as much as I can. I would like to join yet my equipment mainly the pc is a problem as I currently fly from my laptop whatever that means...

That said I do not know if I could participate in a TeamSpeak meeting on Thursdays as the final verdict is that I might end up not playing at all with that pc.

Probably in a year or so I might have the ability to own a game pc. In the mean time I would like to ask if it is possible to participate in one of your TeamSpeak meetings.

Thank you
Xandax

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Re: Would like to join .. but

Post by Kit Pepper » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:35 pm

Welcome, and don't despair Xandax, we all have to start somewhere. I started almost three years ago with the worst junk you can imagine. Just take it a step at a time, and build. In the meantime, do come on TS any time and hang around the recruitment room, and someone will come along and help. It's never too soon to get started.

Spigot

Post by Spigot » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi Xandax, welcome! Hopefully hardware won't be too much of an issue - there are a few folk who get by at lower frame rates but still have fun! As Kit says, hop on TS any time, Thursday evening is good as most units do some training. One point, we are currently flying in the il2 Great Battle series over the Kuban. We will be moving to the Tobruk platform for 12 missions in a couple of months though, but in the meantime we do have a few folk who fly the cliffs platform regularly.

Spigot

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:16 pm

Wecome Xandax!!! :salute:
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Xandax

Post by Xandax » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:18 am

Nice to speak with you Spigot yesterday in TS. Thanks for all the advice and the good mood generally.

I am looking forward for any one that plays CloD in the mean time till April that I will try to join once more. I'll keep an eye on my PMs.

Have nice flights

Spigot

Post by Spigot » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:12 am

Pleasure to meet you, I'll get an idea when units are starting to train for the move to Tobruk and drop you a message.

Godman
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by Godman » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:37 pm

I really hope you had the opportunity to fly our Desert Wings campaign, it's been a blast! Just checking in to see your flight ready status, Clod is also my favourite sim to fly:)

Xandax

Post by Xandax » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:22 am

:) I am sure that you had a splendid time!
I am still with that laptop and temperatures are reaching peak at this period of year in Crete Greece. On board graphics go bad with high temperatures worse than separate ones. I am sorry but I cannot join you still

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:51 am

Dang that's too bad fella. Look, keep your eye in on things here and when you are ready check in with us. Our campaigns will continue into IL2 Bodenplatte and Normandy and Kuban :nice: