Looking to Join

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Goodwin
Gefreiter
Gefreiter
contributor

Looking to Join

Post by Goodwin » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 pm

Hi all,
I've been watching some of your postings on U-tube and really enjoyed the historical immersion ACG brings to IL2BOS. One of my hobbies is American Civil war reenacting, it looks like the AGC will bring that something extra to IL2BOS flight sim as reenacting does for me. I hoped I could start with some Thursday training flights to see if I have the "Right Stuff" to join a squadron.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Re: Looking to Join

Post by Jaydog » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:48 pm

:salute: Welcome Goodwin. You've come to the right place. Indeed, Thursdays we do have training around 2000 BST or 3pm US Eastern Time next Thursday. Just hop in Teamspeak and someone will grab you and get you sorted. I fly regularly , along with others during the evenings and afternoons US time zones if you. Feel free to pop in and say hello anytime you see someone on Teamspeak. Do you have any preferences as to which aircraft you like to fly?

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Gnomus
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Gnomus » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:14 pm

Thanks for Dropping in Goodwin! We are always happy to have new pilots join us regardless of skill level. The training sessions are worth their weight in gold! I myself have become a much better Virtual pilot flying with ACG. I'm on US Eastern time and around many evenings out of the week. Feel free to pop into Teamspeak and join me anytime.

:B:

-Gnomus

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Hi Goodwin, welcome. Are you allied or axis or do you care?? We have a variety of types here ready to fight in, keep an open mind.

Do come into TS today if you like, happy to chat to you

-S-

Goodwin
Gefreiter
Gefreiter
contributor

Post by Goodwin » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:49 pm

Hi all,
I have about 350 to 400 hour in IL2 Bos, mostly in American and German single engine fighters, (plus p38's and A20s). British and Soviet pneumatic breaks often send me for a loop. As for which side, I'm good with either.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Excellent. Well sounds like you are good to go. Probably could do with you on Allies tbh so let's go from there, just come on in