S!

Come in, welcome to ACG. Why don't you have a seat and tell us a little about yourself.
Mobius

S!

Post by Mobius » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:30 am

Hello Fellow Fliers,

I'm Mobius, a fairly late arrival to this forum/group, looking forward to the shift to BoX (although I am agnostic in favoring flight sims).

I have some flight sim experience (mostly with IL2:1946 and Battleground Europe and a very brief foray into CLOD flying Hurricanes). Looking to have some fun sorties, with a focus on all the things your group is famous for.

Historically, I've focused on German planes, but given what seems to be a lack of red pilots online, I'm looking to get some experience flying with some red kites.

I'm currently based on the US, so anyone flying in or around the EST time zone that would be up for some sorties in BoX to help me get my bearings would be most welcome.

Cheers and S!
M

Ginger
Serzhant
Serzhant
Contributor

Re: S!

Post by Ginger » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:28 am

Welcome to ACG Mobius , it's a great time to be joining as all of us are learning new things with the campaign moving to the eastern front. Get on team speak and someone will more than willing to talk you through what's needed. :hi:
"I saved you," cried that woman "And you've bit me even, why? You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin "You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in.

Broadsword
Starshiy Leytenant
Starshiy Leytenant
Contributor

Post by Broadsword » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi Mobius :salute:

It's all change round here at the moment but as Ginger says that means it's probably a great time to join in, so pull up a chair, make yourself at home, and join us on our great odyssey to the Eastern Front :D
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Grumpy
Leytenant
Leytenant
Contributor

Post by Grumpy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:50 pm

Hey Mobius,

Welcome to ACG - I think you'll like it here; a good bunch of blokes on both sides who, as noted above, are starting at ground level with our transition to the Great Patriotic War.

Just jump in - you'll find that everyone here is willing to help as necessary

Cheers :salute:
Grumpy
Adjutant, No. 111 (Fighter) Squadron. Adstantes

Nor law nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public men, nor cheering crowds.
A lonely impulse of delight
Led to this tumult in the clouds

Kai Lae
Starshina
Starshina

Post by Kai Lae » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Aren't we actually shorter on German pilots at the moment?

Broadsword
Starshiy Leytenant
Starshiy Leytenant
Contributor

Post by Broadsword » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:45 pm

I sure hope so, otherwise we are going to get fucked :D
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Double
Leutnant
Leutnant
ACG Staff
Contributor

Post by Double » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:44 am

Kai Lae wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:24 pm
Aren't we actually shorter on German pilots at the moment?
Pretty sure we are. I know 1st and 7th are in desperate need of pilots. 4th will probably snatch him up too though :lol:

:salute: DS
"I hate being bipolar, it's fucking awesome!

Vanguard
Unterfeldwebel
Unterfeldwebel

Post by Vanguard » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:21 am

We're just 2 competitive mate. :lol:

'It takes the [Royal] Navy three years to build a ship, but it would take three hundred years to rebuild a tradition; the evacuation will continue.'
Viscount Andrew B. Cunningham's reply when it was suggested that the evacuation of Crete should be called off due to excessive losses and thus, abandoning 16,500 men to capture.

LuftAsher
Major
Major
ACG Staff

Post by LuftAsher » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:15 am

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare: crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor and surviving.

Onebad
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel
ACG Staff
Contributor

Post by Onebad » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:00 pm

Zu wettbewerbsfähig since 1940

Shroud of flight sims
Straight Outta Dvoevka