Where to purchase and download Il2 Sturmovik

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

+mikey+

Where to purchase and download Il2 Sturmovik

Post by +mikey+ » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi. My name is Mike and I live in Plymouth Devon. I have been watching your ACG videos on YouTube for some time now and am very impressed by the efforts of all the players involved in your historical engagement re-enactments, particularly with your "The beginning of the End" video tribute which must have taken a lot of effort and hard work to produce. Your attention to realism and authenticity is a joy to behold.
That said, I am in the process of buying a new desktop computer with all the kit in order to take part (hopefully!) in your campaigns. Flying is my passion that has never left me over the years and I am keen to become a loyal member and take part in your sorties in the near future.
However, I am not too sure of where to buy the Il 2 download from. Do I buy it from the Steam website or the official IL2 Sturmovik website....and where and how exactly do I go about downloading the Team Fusion Mod....that I have seen mentioned on your video credits??
You have mentioned that you prefer pilots to use Teamspeak.....and for that...do I need to buy a microphone to talk into? I know that the answer to my last question may seem a bit obvious....but I should like to know in order to have a decent sound quality coming over the air as it were.
Please then, let me know your views on these questions at your leisure.
Cheers for now.....Mike.

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Re: Where to purchase and download Il2 Sturmovik

Post by Jackman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi Mike welcome to ACG :salute:

1) Buy IL-2 Sturmovik off the official website you will need the Moscow pack for the plane sets. I'm sure it is on sale at the minute.
2) when you buy cliffs of Dover off Steam it will have all patches and mods include.
3) A good head set with microphone will be needed.
Jackman :salute:

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

+mikey+

Post by +mikey+ » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm

Hey...thanks Jackman for the info there. I really appreciate your quick response. One more dumb question....where do I buy a decent head set with microphone please???
Regards......Mikey.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Hey Mikey, heads up.
ACG's Battle of Britain campaign is now over, and we have moved eastbound towards Battle of Moscow.
If you wish to participate in it with us, you will need to purchase Il-2 Battle of Moscow, which can be bought here - https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-moscow/.

You can buy a decent headset with microphone either on Ebay, or at your local store. I'm personally using the Sennheiser GSP 300 and I can't recommend it enough.

Rich

Post by Rich » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:42 pm

I would recommend the hyper x cloud 2 headset. I have been using one (maybe previous gen) for over four years and it's been great. I clip my track ir thing to it as well no problem...track ir is very highly recommended too, although not necessarily essential, it is a key peice

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Welcome Mikey

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:24 pm

+mikey+ wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm
Hey...thanks Jackman for the info there. I really appreciate your quick response. One more dumb question....where do I buy a decent head set with microphone please???
Regards......Mikey.
No problem Mike
Do you have a head tracker ordered by any chance, it is highly recommended you have one. Anyway get your head set and jump onto teamspeak and we will help you out.

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Woop

Post by Woop » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:29 am

Welcome Mike!

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Jackman wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:24 pm
+mikey+ wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm
Regards......Mikey.
No problem Mike
Do you have a head tracker ordered by any chance, it is highly recommended you have one. Anyway get your head set and jump onto teamspeak and we will help you out.

I think it's safe to say that a head-tracker isn't required though. There are a few pilots within ACG who don't use a head tracker who seem to do just fine.

I flew for a while before purchasing one (inb4 someone mentions how I don't fly any more though).

The point is you don't need to spend a fortune to start off. Honestly, a £30 head set will do the job to get you up and running alongside a stick and the game. The rest if you really get into it will come in time.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Passion

Post by Passion » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:15 pm

I don't want of confuse things but I would say that head tracking is absolutely essential. I flew without it to start with and when you're flying against people the majority of whom have head tracking its just downright frustrating. I dont have any experience with freetrack but hear of people who use it successfully, maybe that's a good option if the budget is tight. Anyway, good to have you with us Mikey.

Passion