Looking to Join

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Lockworth

Looking to Join

Post by Lockworth » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:48 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Lockworth. I have a decent amount of experience when it comes to organized flying for BoS and BoM. I would like to join the VVS in the squadron that my friend Drifter is in. Although I'm a little rusty, I like to consider myself a decent pilot that can be relied on in a pinch. I do need to work on my aim a little but spotting the enemy and flying in tight formations would definitely be my strong points. I hope to get to know all of you guys and begin flying with you all soon!

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Re: Looking to Join

Post by Jackman » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:44 pm

Hi lockworth welcome to ACG :salute:
I'm sure a Communist will be along to get you sorted with one of there pilot killer aircraft.

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Lockworth

Post by Lockworth » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:50 am

Haha don't worry. If it wasn't for my friend. I'd most likely be joining a Luftwaffe squadron.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:27 am

Hi Lockworth. Cool to see another VVS guy come our way, however it's unlikely at this time that you'll be assigned to No.64 Squadron where Drifter is currently posted. As you're probably aware, ACG is comprised of many different units, some of which are in more dire need of fresh blood than 64 is right now. If you're keen to fly a MiG-3, you'll most likely find a home with No.610 Squadron and their esteemed CO Maltloaf.

This of course doesn't stop you from flying with Drifter or even the guys from 64 most of the time, but it does mean that during our Sunday campaign missions, you'll fly with your assigned unit.

Lockworth

Post by Lockworth » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:19 am

That works for me. I get that you need to fill your ranks in the most efficient way possible. I'm mostly interested in and have the most experience in a fighter pilot position. So whichever squadron has a position open in that billet, I'd be happy to join.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:34 am

Lockworth wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:19 am
That works for me. I get that you need to fill your ranks in the most efficient way possible. I'm mostly interested in and have the most experience in a fighter pilot position. So whichever squadron has a position open in that billet, I'd be happy to join.
Getting you into a fighter won't be an issue at all. I'll make sure Maltloaf is aware we've got some fresh talent for him, and you should be signed up soon enough.

We're currently on a break until the 13th of January, campaign will resume on that date.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:48 am

:salute: Welcome to ACG Lockworth! We welcome more cannon fodder

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:19 am

Hi Lockworth, Maltloaf here. Happy to have you. Not much going on over the break but there may be some training happening tonight at 1900 GMT with 610/ 2-27. Jump on to Team Speak if you can. If not I'll catch you some time soon.
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Lockworth

Post by Lockworth » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Sweet. I'll definitely be able to hop on tonight. But bear in mind. Not only do I have about a year's worth of rust on me, but I also have very little experience with VVS planes and the different tactics that are used compared to the Luftwaffe. So I may not be an ace right out of the gate. Haha

Crane

Post by Crane » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Welcome! :salute: