Looking to join

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Burdinee

Looking to join

Post by Burdinee » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:43 am

Hi! My name is Burdinee and I'm interested in joining. I have always been a fan of WWII aviation and have experience in playing flight sims. I have recently been playing DCS with the F/A-18C and am wanting to get a more raw flight experience. I have played a little of IL-2 with my friends but am wanting to get into more group orientated events. I am looking to join my friend Lockworth who told me about ACG in Squadron 610 and am looking forward to meeting everybody!

Rudi

Re: Looking to join

Post by Rudi » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:10 am

Welcome Burdinee, we are currently on a break for the Holidays so there is not too much action going on right now. Your best bet would be to just get on TS and hang out and I'm sure some will be flying.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:41 am

Welcome Burdinee... Hop on TS and i'm sure someone will take care of you on the allied side. :salute:

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi Burdinee

Yep 610 Sqn is recruiting at the moment. I need to check if we are top of the list at the moment but I am pretty sure we are. I spoke to Lockworth the other day and he is being signed up. As Jaydog said, hop on our TS channel and get chatting with the chaps. Everything is a bit ragged at the moment because of the holidays but there should be some 610 chaps on this Thursday at 1900-1930 GMT if you can make it. In the mean time get you buttons and joystick bound up for BoX and we will see you around.

OC 610 Sqn
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:53 pm

Welcome mate! Good to see some new faces in the new year.

The pilot shall be considered to have above-average intelligence and normal (average) common sense.

NATOPS A1-F18AC-NFM-000, Preface, p. 55.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:46 pm

Welcome to ACG

Drifter

Post by Drifter » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:33 am

Welcome burdine, glad to see locky is bringing in some friends. Hope to see you in the air soon! Glad to see you want to fight along side your comrades for the motherland!

“And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot's own.”
― Richard Bach, A Gift Of Wings

Maltloaf

Post by Maltloaf » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:37 am

Burdine

I have checked and we are currently first in line for recruits so if you and Lockworth can manage Thursday at 1900 GMT for a chat and to get things rolling that would be good. Have a practice in the Mig 3 if you can and get joysticks sorted. See you then

Malt
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Maltloaf

Post by Maltloaf » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:22 pm

Calling Lockworth and Burdinee, if you can be on Teamspeak ready to fly at 1930hrs GMT this Sunday (13th) we can go through some stuff and get you on a mission at 2000hrs.