Hi all

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Elos

Re: Hi all

Post by Elos » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:06 am

LuftAsher wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:25 am
Elos wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:02 am
At least not threatening a rip start...
Why would I threaten someone with a good time?
Hehe, fair enough.

Gelobt sei, was hart macht.

Barba

Post by Barba » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:34 am

Hi all...
I spent these last days to try every planes in the game. I started with Russian and German fighter and I tried different situation: take off, landing, (navigation (my god, is really difficult to understand where I am when I fly) and combat.
Really really inspiring...
But...there is always a "but"...
Yesterday night I tried IL-2 AM-38. I've never flew with this aircraft but I love it. Heavy, ugly, slow but powerful.

So, if is possible, I'd like to fly with this aircraft.

Have a nice day.

P.S.: Is it possible to change my User Name in "Barba" instead of "Barbarossa"? I've chanceg my User Name in IL-2 site but "Barbarossa" had already been taken by someone. Now I'm "Barba" in the game.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:57 am

Hei Barba, I can change your forum name, no problem.

The IL-2 is in rotation between the VVS units. That means, each unit flies them for six missions, and then another unit is taken over that plane. Ground pounders are normally not that popular with most pilots.

But if you are into that kind of thing, and who could blame you ;). We have two dedicated bomber units. On the VVS flying Peshkas and on the Luftwaffe side flying the Ju-88.
You're welcome to join our training with the 88's on Thursday to give it a go.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Barba

Post by Barba » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:15 pm

Thanks for reply.
Ok, so tonight I'll try these two aircraft (Ju-88 and Peshkas ).

P.S.: Thanks for "rename" my username.

Elos

Post by Elos » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Barbarossa wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:15 pm
Thanks for reply.
Ok, so tonight I'll try these two aircraft (Ju-88 and Peshkas ).

P.S.: Thanks for "rename" my username.
Ju-88 training is on Thursdays usually starting at 20.30 BST (21.30 CEST, which should be your timezone). For a chance to go on a training flight with Peshkas you can directly ask their squardron leader Frederf memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1845 e.g. via forum private message.
I might be online in TS tonight (around 20.00 CEST) as well, so we might be able to meet and do a short flight together.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:10 pm

Barba wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:34 am
Yesterday night I tried IL-2 AM-38. I've never flew with this aircraft but I love it. Heavy, ugly, slow but powerful.
You sound like a Hurricane pilot in the making. We all like heavy, ugly, slow and powerful things in 2-495 / No.501 - and not just the Hurricane :D :B:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Barba

Post by Barba » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:13 am

You sound like a Hurricane pilot in the making. We all like heavy, ugly, slow and powerful things in 2-495 / No.501 - and not just the Hurricane :D :B:
Maybe in the future I'll get on it :salute:

I want to say "thank you" to Elos because yesterday night he spent a lot of time to explain me JU 88...and how to not use the rudder during take off eh eh.
We flow together for almonst one hour and we bombarded a rail station (I dont kwon where...somewhere in the map eh eh).
Than we landed and I saved my plane...fiuuuu :roll:
So, for all these things...thank you Elos! :praise:

Tonight I'd like to prove Pe-2 and than I'll choose one of these aircraft but, If I understand well what Elos said me, others Pe-2 pilots are in United States so they fly when I'm sleeping...right? Or not :nuts:

Anyway...

FIRST IMPRESSIONE about JU-88:
- Cockpit: It's really difficult to see outside. I dont kwon why but JU 88 is the only plane where I cant move my head forward or backyard (my TrackIR is set correctly...with others plane I have no problems).
- Dont use the rudder during take off...Dont use the rudder during take off... Dont use the rudder during take off...
- Amazing cockpit illumination.
- Good climb rate
- It's very maneuverable to be so heavy.

Bye
:salute:

Elos

Post by Elos » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 am

Barba wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:13 am
Tonight I'd like to prove Pe-2 and than I'll choose one of these aircraft but, If I understand well what Elos said me, others Pe-2 pilots are in United States so they fly when I'm sleeping...right? Or not :nuts:
- Dont use the rudder during take off...Dont use the rudder during take off... Dont use the rudder during take off...
208th BAP is a mixed TZ unit, so you may find other members in TS when you're online but first i'd sugget you contact Frederf to see what's what.

No rudder during take-off only for the Ju-88 as far as i know... ;)

Was my pleasure to fly with you. Just keep practising, you're on the right track already. :salute:

Barba

Post by Barba » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:50 pm

I sent him a message...
:nice:

Barba

Post by Barba » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:21 am

I decide which plane I'd Like to fly: Pe-2. More visibility than JU88 and more complex engine management.
I've sent a message to Frederf but he didnt reply me yet so, if anyone else can tell me what I have to do to start the training it would be perfect.

;)

P.S.: Where can I read something about new incoming campaign?