Good morning, afternoon and evening

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Ralston Deluxe

Good morning, afternoon and evening

Post by Ralston Deluxe » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi all from Melbourne, Australia,
I realise most on this forum are on the other side of the globe, so good (insert appropriate time of day here) to you all! Quick introduction - I have enjoyed flying IL2 CLOD offline for a while and have decided to dip my toe into the online flying world. Just finished setting up TeamSpeak3 and it seems to be working. I am in my late 50's and have had a life long fascination with WW1 and early WW2 aviation. I have spent the past couple of months learning to fly CLOD Hurricanes and Spitfires on full real settings. Challenging, but fun! I am looking forward (somewhat nervously) to the experience of flying with others. I know the time zone issue may make things difficult, but I'm happy to have a crack at it.
All the best,
Ralston D

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Re: Good morning, afternoon and evening

Post by Tex » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:31 pm

Welcome! I'm on the other side of the planet, so no idea what time you are but I'm pretty sure it is late. This is a great place and a lot of fun. Don't be nervous, just jump in.
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Hi Ralston and welcome to ACG.
It's good to know we have another pilot ready to take to the blue, our current campaign is running IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad series if you want to join that? , but we do have some pilots who still fly Cliffs at times. We also have a growing number of up side down members so you we be in good company during the week. Jump on our team speak and someone will sort you out.
Luftasher
Kildren
Stu
Seafarer
Vanguard
are all ex-cons so you will fit in nice. ;)
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:12 pm

Welcome to ACG.

Swinder is an Aussie as well so we have quite a few now, Our current campaign has moved from CLOD and we are currently using Battle of Moscow, if you dont have it already then well worth getting to jump in with us.

Swinder

Post by Swinder » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:32 am

Hi there, Ralston. There are 4 of us Aussies in 4./JG26 (representing 10./LG2) and another I head in one of the VVS squadrons.
I just joined the other week.

I suggest you get brushed up on IL-2 BoX if you want to get involved. Currently we are doing the campaign on the Moscow map so you can restrict yourself to buying the Battle of Moscow pack if you need to.

Also FYI for Sunday campaign missions it is a 4 am start on Monday morning for us Aussies.
"Lawyer by Profession, Pilot by Heart"

Ralston Deluxe

Post by Ralston Deluxe » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:56 am

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.

4 am Monday morning...ouch! The tyranny of the time zone! Ultra immersive for early morning missions though. :)

I do have IL2 Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Moscow and generally flew the Me109F-4 in the offline campaign, but stopped due to disappearing planes and bad pixelation in relation to clouds- a -la this: https://youtu.be/WmRxce7B0r0 that began after, I think, patch 3.

For me, this issue made the game barely playable and I have not been able to resolve the problem. Instead, I just went back to CLOD. If anyone on here is aware of a fix for the issues, I would be most grateful. My computer specs are a fairly modest:
  • Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5GHz with turbo boost to 3.1GHz 8GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB VRAM
I still enjoy CLOD despite its age and flaws and I will keep my eyes open for anything happening here in relation to it.

Having said that, as you suggest Swinder, I make the effort to reconnect with BoStalingrad/Moscow over the coming weeks. Is there a particular Me109 model that is flown in 4/JG26?

All the best gents!

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:11 am

Ralston Deluxe wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:56 am
Having said that, as you suggest Swinder, I make the effort to reconnect with BoStalingrad/Moscow over the coming weeks. Is there a particular Me109 model that is flown in 4/JG26?

All the best gents!
Right now we're a mixed unit of 109 E-7s and 110 E-2s. We'll be transitioning to the F-2 after another six missions.