Hello there

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

luggilu

Hello there

Post by luggilu » Wed May 01, 2019 1:00 am

Well, hi, I guess.
Hope I'm doing this right, and am actually supposed to post this here. OK so basically I'm a German (17y/o) ND really, really want to get into plane sim. War thunder sim is too arcady for my taste, so I installed cliffs of dover (hope anyone still plays the game) and started getting into it. I'm not really a good pilot but manage to kill an ai bomber every now and then at least. I prefer German planes, just because I know more about them, as well as the ww2 history from the German side. I could use a lot of help, actually getting into the game tho, and after I saw your videos on cliffs of dover, I thaught maybe someone here might be able to help me out.

So... Yeah. Would be cool if I could join your unit, but I must say again, I'm not a good pilot. Never flown an aircraft IRL no pilots license and only limited experience in sim. Joystick and MKB are available.

Kai Lae

Re: Hello there

Post by Kai Lae » Wed May 01, 2019 5:32 am

Hi luggilu, glad you've stopped by. Currently ACG flies IL-2 Battle of Moscow in our active campaign, though at some point I'm sure we will go back and fly CLoD again (probably after 5.0 release). As for experience, I've never flown a real aircraft either, most haven't. I'm an electrical engineer by trade, so that has nothing to do with really anything. Really it's irrelevant if you have been flying 20 minutes or 20 years, the important thing is the willingness to participate and learn from your experiences. I think you'll find out if you have questions this is a great place to ask (and our discord, which I saw you joined).

As for openings and how to go forward, we in fact are looking for german pilots for our staffels, so if you have a copy of battle of Moscow, the best way would be to drop by next sunday for our next campaign mission and fly along with one of the staffels in their mission to get a feel on how things work and if you feel it's right for you. A lot of squadrons/staffels also fly training missions on Thursdays, so that's a good time to stop by on our teamspeak and say hello. We also have German speaking staffels, so if you're inclined that would look like a natural fit. If you have any questions ask away and we'll do our best to answer them.

Whisky

Post by Whisky » Wed May 01, 2019 9:45 am

Hallo Luggilu,

willkommen im Forum.
Es freut mich, dass du so ein großes Interesse an der simulierten Fliegerei hast - hier bei ACG hast du einen Haufen Typen, die mit dem gleichen Virus infiziert sind! :D

Wie Kai Lae geschrieben hat, haben wir auch deutschsprachige Piloten. Genau gesagt, hat ACG zwei Staffeln, die Deutsch sprechen, und zwar auch im Flug. Donnerstag Abend, ab ca. 20:00, manchmal auch 21:00, trainieren wir. Darüber hinaus haben wir aber auch Flugbegeisterte, die mindestens jeden zweiten Tag in den Abendstunden fliegen. Du bist herzlich eingeladen, mitzufliegen.

Am einfachsten ist es, wenn du dir TeamSpeak3 installierst und einloggst, dann lernen wir uns kennen und sprechen über alles Weitere. Hier der link zu den TeamSpeak3-Informationen: https://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/teamspeak.php

Ich bin vor über 2 Jahren genau wie du über Youtube auf ACG aufmerksam geworden und bin seitdem begeistert dabei. Wenn du also Lust an der Fliegerei mit echten Menschen, Taktik, Navigation, Luftkampf und Teamgeist hast, dürftest du bei uns fündig werden. Alles andere lässt sich klären. :nice:

Wenn du magst, kannst du gerne heute Abend im TeamSpeak aufschlagen (21:00 und später?). Wenn es nicht geht, dann gerne an einem anderen Abend. Am Donnerstag wird aber mit Sicherheit jemand von den deutschen Jungs online sein.

Bis dahin,
Whisky :salute:
"Elevate caudae nos venatores sumus!"

Crane

Post by Crane » Wed May 01, 2019 4:29 pm

Hallo und willkommen bei ACG

Rex
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant

Post by Rex » Wed May 01, 2019 7:22 pm

FYI - IL2 battle of Moscow könnte es demnächst im Angebot günstiger zu kaufen geben. Die feier um den 8-9 Mai irgend so eine Siegesfeier...weiß auch nicht wieso ;) :liar:
Aber da gibts dann gern mal auf deren Hompage rabatte auf die älteren BOX module :D