Hello from the Rocky mountains

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

phiberoptik

Hello from the Rocky mountains

Post by phiberoptik » Wed May 01, 2019 2:58 am

After an extend hiatus from online virtual flying I am looking at getting back into it and ACG looked to me to be an organization I would really enjoy being a part of.

I was going to get my feel again on il2 1946 I can't get it to use my rudder pedals rather than the twist axis on my joystick. I have BOS premium, CLOD and CLOD blitz (not sure what the difference is).

I feel a little ashamed that I wasted some money on war thunder recently and I had fun for a hot second but it's too arcade even on 'realistic' for my taste and there is not much organization, oh well.

The last online flight sim I contributed a significant amount of time to was WWII online over a decade ago. I had a lot of fun and made some friends I genuinely miss knowing.

my TZ is US Denver GMT-7 (or -6 if Daylight Savings). I'm in a situation now between jobs in my ideal profession where I have more free time and less money so I'm not sure I'll be able to purchase Battle of Moscow of Kuban in the near to mid future.

anyway I'll drop by the discord or teamspeak after I get a my controls set up and acquainted with the new (to me) il2 sims.

The Battle of Britain video you have on the main page made me seriously want to pick up the Hurricane but I would be more than happy to fill whatever role is needed. I'd quite like piloting heavy bombers in ww2ol, I think it's mainly because my BFM and ACM skills were never that great. :D

Kai Lae

Re: Hello from the Rocky mountains

Post by Kai Lae » Wed May 01, 2019 5:45 am

Hello phiberoptik, glad you've stopped by. I wouldn't feel bad about war thunder, there is no such thing as wrongfun - or shouldn't be. However, you're not the only one who played it and then started wanting more, including myself. We are currently running a battle of Moscow campaign, so right at this time that would be a impediment if you don't have it. What I would recommend is looking out for the next sale; generally 1CG places the older expansions on sale at various intervals during the year, where they can be bought for much cheaper than normal, -60% off for example. However, we recently just started to use a limited number of Stalingrad aircraft - the LaGG-3 series 29 for example - so if you were willing to fly one of those you could still participate. This is because the newest edition of IL-2 allows you to fly in multiplayer on maps you don't own.

In the meantime feel free to drop by our teamspeak and say hello (either on sunday for our campaign or Thursday during training night) and get a feel of how we do things and the people involved. If you have any questions let me know and we'll go from there.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Wed May 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Hei phiberoptik and welcome to ACG,

We have to bomber units, on the VVS side they fly the Peshka for the time being, and on the LW side we fly the Ju-88. I think the Ju-88 is a Battle of Moscow plane. The Peshka I'm not sure about. You're welcome to join any of those units, naturally. Let's just drop on our TS and have a talk somewhen and the rest we'll figure out.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Wed May 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Pe-2 s35 we are using is a BoM plane. Looks like he’d be stuck with us :)

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Wed May 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Welcome to ACG

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal