One year in the ACG

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

One year in the ACG

Post by Kit Pepper » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:11 pm

Just realized that today is my one year anniversary as a member of the ACG. What a great time it's been!
I started from scratch, no equipment, no experience, only a life long interest in the history and achievements of the great airmen of the past. To actually get just a feel for what it was like, was what brought me here, and I must say it has given me more than I imagined I would feel, and a greater respect for the pilots and crews that actually did it. Just survival was a victory!
I will say that flying in the ACG campaign missions is the ultimate. The adrenaline gets up and the tension is palatable. I look forward to every Sunday!
Thanks to all the ACG members for the help this first year, especially my squadron mates in 1st Staffel. They had the patience and gave me the guidance to take me from raw beginner to... maybe a fair pilot. I finally got my first kill on my last mission (unconfirmed). Man... It ain't easy!
For any novice out there contemplating joining, but are perhaps hesitant because of their limited experience, I would suggest that you just give it a try. Everyone in the ACG wants you to succeed and is there to help. You won't regret it.
"It's all how bad you want it man!"
Kit

Woop

Re: One year in the ACG

Post by Woop » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:52 pm

Very well said Kit. I remember Mauf first helped me out with flying, when I thought I was too hopelessly bad to be of any use. I was super green at first, had no idea about anything, I could barely look around the cockpit using the hat and mouse. But a few sessions with Mauf got me more confident, and I was soon landing instead of crashing (albeit bumpily).

The first mission I flew was very tense indeed, as I didn't want to ruin someone's day by crashing into them! :D

It's been nearly 4 years now, and it has been awesome!

Guido

Post by Guido » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:09 pm

Well done Kit :lux:

You are one of the true gentlemen of ACG and we are better for having you with us.

Digby

Post by Digby » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:45 pm

Congratulations Kit, a wonderfully worded post indeed! :salute:

Rudi

Post by Rudi » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:58 am

Well said Kit, and we are very glad to have you.