Hello there!

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Sure Shot
Unterfeldwebel
Unterfeldwebel

Hello there!

Post by Sure Shot » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:25 am

Hello, Everyone.

I've Been playing combat flight sims since I was quite young; in which I promise that I totally never either crashed on purpose, or shot my bomber up with its own turrets just to see the damage model. Around a year ago I decided to rekindle my love of flight sims, this time with less treason and crashing :D. And have been playing and enjoying the IL-2 Great Battles series, but have stayed away from multiplayer for fear of being as effective as a turkey in the air. Now that I can fly Semi-competently I've been looking around for a group just like this one.

I'm interested to join in on the ACG Campaigns, but I do worry about my skill level. I'm very willing to learn though. If possible I'd like to fly for the Luftwaffe.

Thanks for reading, and hope to see you all in the air soon!

Woop

Re: Hello there!

Post by Woop » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:20 am

Hello mate! Welcome to ACG!

We flew the last mission of our Battle of Moscow Campaign last Sunday using IL-2 GB. Our next Campaign will be a 1941 English Channel Campaign for 12 missions using IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz! Do you have it? We are currently on a two week break from the Campaign, but we are running a server test event on Sunday which you are very welcome to join! Just join our Teamspeak at 1900BST and we'll get you sorted!

The first mission in our next Campaign (titled Leaning Forward) starts on October 27th at 1900GMT. There will be a written brief sent out ahead of the mission and usually a verbal briefing before we start, but your unit will look after you if you can't make the briefing time. Units will be fed into the server over the mission period, so it might be that you won't be getting airborne until some time after 1900. Training nights vary by unit, but Thursdays from 1930 seem most popular. Just join the TS and ask around!

You're very welcome to join us!

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:28 am

Wellcome Shot!

Skill level is the least of our concern all we require is that you show up on sundays and try to stay in formation, the rest comes with experience :)

Right now we are on campaign break for two weeks but don't worry we ususally do some silly testing or events on sundays instead if you want to meet up with people and fly. Just jump on out TeamSpeak (evenings have the most people) any day of the week and you'll probably find someone.

Also, we will be flying in Cliffs of Dover Blitz for the next 6-12 sundays before returning to GB series so get in contact and an admin will throw you into the most vacant 109E4 unit or Spitfire, in worst case :P
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:11 am

Welcome to ACG Shot,
Like Jammy said above skill levels are not a factor in joining ACG, you only need to be willing to learn! So you just show up for Sunday campaign and an hour over the week for training with your Staffel/Squadron is all! Hope to see you around :salute:

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Guido

Post by Guido » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:22 pm

Welcome Shot,

Everyone here had to take their first tentative steps at multi-player at some time, regardless of 'expertise'. Beginners are always welcome because we have all been there and you will always find people on TS willing to help. As Woop said, we'll be doing Cliffs of Dover for the next few months, with a training / test event on Sunday, so an ideal time to give it a try.

Sure Shot
Unterfeldwebel
Unterfeldwebel

Post by Sure Shot » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I just bought Cliffs of Dover Blitz, and will definitely try to make it Sunday for the server test. And in the meantime I'll give Cliffs a test run.

Thanks again, I look forward to Sunday.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:46 am

Hi Surer, welcome to ACG, as the others have said jump on TS and we can get you sorted.

What part of the world do you come from?

Sure Shot
Unterfeldwebel
Unterfeldwebel

Post by Sure Shot » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Boyezee wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:46 am
I'm from the Southeastern United States. I do joke though that I'm at least 1/10th English as I've been good friends with a few guys from the U.K for about 5 years now. I've picked up a few words and behavioral tics from them over the years.

Digby

Post by Digby » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:30 pm

SurerSureShot wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:22 pm
Boyezee wrote:
I'm from the Southeastern United States. I do joke though that I'm at least 1/10th English as I've been good friends with a few guys from the U.K for about 5 years now. I've picked up a few words and behavioral tics from them over the years.
Welcome Shot, sounds like you'd be a perfect fit for the RAF then! :D

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:05 pm

SurerSureShot wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:22 pm
Boyezee wrote:
Great, we have 1st Staffel that are American based and are looking for new pilots