Old IL2 player looking to get back in the cockpit

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Tommy

Old IL2 player looking to get back in the cockpit

Post by Tommy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening to you all

My name is Tommy, I am 26 years old and live in the North East of England.

I have been playing IL2 since I first came across the very first game at a carboot sale many years ago and was instantly hooked. I have IL2 1946 with SAS (HSFX seems dodgy for me) and IL2 COD Blitz.

I have been away from the game for the past 2 years but after coming across an ACG video on Youtube, It suddenly dawned on my that I miss flying.

Before my absence from the game, I played IL2 '46 online on the Battlefields1 Server and spent a few months playing COD Blitz online.

I have always focused my flight time to the mighty Luftwaffe, from the menacing Stuka dive bombers to FW-190's.

I have discord and TS3, however should you decide to accept little old me, it may take me some time to re-familiarize myself with the controls.

Thank you and have a smashing day.

Jammy

Re: Old IL2 player looking to get back in the cockpit

Post by Jammy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:21 pm

Welcome Tommy to ACG!

An impressive introduction that is spookily not too far from my own way back when i joined :o
Pilot skill is not on our priority list, as long as you can take off and stay in some sort of formation we will take you! Assistance can be found on our Teamspeak where you'll always find someone to get controls and other questions sorted (evenings are always active, especially Thursdays where Squadrons like to do training).

We cannot guarantee that you'll fly your plane of choice as we prefer to put people in whatever squadrons lacks pilots but we always try! There should be a spot or two for 109E4 pilots now so I doubt it will be a problem :D.
Show up on Sunday (once you're comfortable with getting airborne of course) and an admin will snatch you into the hungriest Squadron/Staffel!

See you in the skies sausage muncher! :cheers:
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:36 pm

Thank you mate :)

Spigot

Post by Spigot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi Tommy, you've timed your arrival well. We are currently two weeks into a 12 week campaign in CloD Blitz. If you can make it onto our TS this evening from around 1900 GMT you should find some squadrons training who will be able to help you. Alternatively, Sunday evening from 1815/1830 would get you on before our campaign night begins and someone should be around to say hello.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:40 pm

I can be on :)

Passion

Post by Passion » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:33 pm

Welcome Tommy. Jammy and Spigot have summed it up. Just jump in on teamspeak and someone will get you sorted. Hope to see you in the skies soon.

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Welcome Tommy, cheers from across the pond.
as long as you can take off and stay in some sort of formation we will take you!
Hell, I couldn't even do that and they took me! You just have to want to do it and everyone in the ACG will help. See you on Sunday.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:55 pm

I had a few hours flight time with the 5/JG peeps last night, seemed like nice chaps