Hi All

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

UK_Force

Hi All

Post by UK_Force » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:45 pm

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

A little bit about myself, I'm 47 and a gamer through and through.
I used to run my own Development Mod - Project Reality some time ago which was a realistic 'ArmA 3' style modification of BF2, bringing in a full British Faction. We had over 150 developers and won many Mod Awards back in the day.

I left the British Army in 2012 after a full 22-year career, within a Recconaisence Regiment (Light Dragoons)and spent many operational tours as a JTAC / FAC.

I now work for Bohemia Interactive Simulations, (who make the Military Simulation 'VBS3'), as their Business Development Director, our sister company makes the well know Arma series also.

I am a total WW2 RAF geek also, and in my spare time like to do scale modelling of various WW2 planes and tanks.

I have played a lot of World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and also War Thunder.

I have ILS2, both flavours, but must admit I really cannot master these in full realism settings yet (far from it)

I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS joystick and track IR (and VR for other games).

These are the only Flight 'Sims' I have used and only really over the last 10 months to be honest.

Anyway, I am hoping to learn a lot soon from this awesome group and maybe once I feel confident enough, maybe fly a few sorties with you guys.

Cheers for adding me in here

Craig

Thaine

Re: Hi All

Post by Thaine » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:58 pm

Hei Craig and welcome to ACG,

I don't see why you shouldn't be confident enough already. We don't really demand high standards. Just be able to taxi and take of your aircraft and you'll be fine. A lot of people are flying on Thursday's and you're welcome to join in for a first taste. We run our campaign missions on Sunday and you're welcome to jump in the deep end as well.

Don't be shy, have a look around and ask if you need help.

Hope to see you in the virtual sky soon.
You ideally want to fly Luftwaffe, correct? ;)
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Spigot

Post by Spigot » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi mate, welcome. That's quite the illustrious career you describe - in both gaming and real life!

Sounds like you have a decent setup with the stick. I don't have a Warthog but from memory there is no rudder control, do you have pedals as well? In terms of learning you've come to the right place, there are plenty of people here who will be willing to help you. We have guys on our Teamspeak most evenings but Thursday evening from about 1900 GMT is probably your best bet as many of our squadrons have training sessions around that time.

Look forward to seeing you in the skies!

UK_Force

Post by UK_Force » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:18 pm

Thanks all,

It's not a warthog (I wish), its a HOTAS X :)

I'll have a nosey around for a while, read up on everything and take it from there, looking forward to it

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:27 pm

Hi Craig - decent background! I know of Project Reality, not sure if it's because I know some of the modders or just mates that played it, but it's a cap feather alright!

You've joined at the right time as we're in Cliffs at the moment - look forward to flying with or against you :salute:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Coopes
Major
Major
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Coopes » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:27 pm

Join the Luftwaffe. We have cookies. ;) Plus i'm a fellow brother in arms :salute:

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:19 pm

Join the RAF.We have Ginger Nuts , Oops sorry that's just ME! Anyways nice to have you on board. :nice:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Passion

Post by Passion » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi Craig

Don't worry about not having a full grasp on the realism side of things. The best way to learn is to join us for some training as Spigot said(usually on a thursday evening uk time). We'll have you flying campaign missions in no time.

Hope to see you in the skies soon.

Elos

Post by Elos » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:34 am

Welcome to ACG Craig, glad to have you.

Gelobt sei, was hart macht.

Woop

Post by Woop » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:23 am

Hi mate welcome to ACG!