Good Day everybody

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Andvarus

Good Day everybody

Post by Andvarus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 am

G'day everybody,

my Callsign is Andvarus and I am 21 Years old. I basicly started to fly in Sims when I was about 6 year old and the Game that started it was IL-2 1946 ^^.
Since that Day I have come so far that I sometimes get my beloved F4F-4 from the Deck of good ol Bouge on full realism in IL-2 1946. As I mentioned I love the F4f Wildcat but since she in neither avalible at the "Battle of" Series nor at "Cliffs of Dover" I'll stick with either the Bf-109s, Spitefires, Hurricans, He-111 and Ju 87.
I also got some experience in flight Sims from Arma 3, War Thunder and DCS (I got a Mustang from the Airfield a few time......damn that engine start sequens).

About myself as I allready mentioned sad I am 21 years old and I'm a total History and Tech Geek. I especially love WW2 Tech and I know quite a bit about it if I may say that about myself.

I am using a Mad Catz V1 Stick atm but I am going to upgrade it soon.

I would love to fly with you guys and learn some tricks from the Veterans in IL-2 and I hope I can be any assistens in future campains.

I hope to get accepted by your group and could someone pls give me the Discord and TS3 Sever Adresses?

Cheerio Lads

Andvarus ( my real Name is Philip)

Don't disrespect the Wildcat!

Onebad

Re: Good Day everybody

Post by Onebad » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:32 am

Here's our Discord and TS:

https://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/acg-pa ... unications

We don't really use Discord outside of some basic communication so if you'd like to talk to our members Teamspeak is more useful in that department.

Welcome to ACG and hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
If you have any questions, fire away here or talk to us on TS.

Spigot

Post by Spigot » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:54 am

Welcome Andvarus. As Onebad says, TS is the one - Discord is used less but you're welcome to join that as well. If you come along on Thursday evening from around 1900 GMT there should be some guys on for training who can get you up to speed and answer any questions. Our main campaign event is on Sunday evenings from 1900GMT. We're flying in Cliff of Dover for our current campaign so Spits, Hurris or 109s are the order of the day.

Look forward to seeing you in the skies!

Woop

Post by Woop » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:43 pm

Hey Andvarus, welcome to ACG!

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi Andvarus, welcome to ACG :B:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:59 pm

Vanguard and I just talked to Andvarus on Teamspeak.
He'll show up for tonight's training, and he could propably use some help having his game set up and be trained with aircraft ops and such. I promised him I'll be there, but if I'm not, can someone else step up and take care of him? Cheers.

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:23 pm

610 will about training another chap so we can help if required
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Elos

Post by Elos » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:23 pm

Hallo Andvarus,

ich hoffe, die Jungs von der 8. Staffel konnten Dir heute im Training weiterhelfen. Wir freuen uns jederzeit über deutschsprachige Piloten für unsere beiden deutschsprachigen Luftwaffestaffeln (6. und 8. Staffel).

Wilkommen bei ACG (und hoffentlich bald bei der Lufttwaffe). :salute:

Gelobt sei, was hart macht.

Konaber

Post by Konaber » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:35 pm

Hello Andvarus,

was a pleasure flying with you tonight and hope you had fun :)
I'll make an upfront apology about not getting your name straight for the next couple of weeks :D

Bis spätestens Sonntag ;)

Whisky

Post by Whisky » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:40 pm

Hello Andvarus,

first of all: welcome at ACG!

It is a good decision joining ACG. You will have a long time of passionate flying and fighting. We ´re always looking for motivated pilots, especially for those speaking german.

Cheers
Whisky :salute:
"Elevate caudae nos venatores sumus!"