Two years in the ACG!

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Two years in the ACG!

Post by Kit Pepper » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:49 pm

Just noticed that yesterday was my second anniversary in the ACG. Hard to believe! The time just flew by (literally)!
To think that two years ago I was writing to the "looking to Join" forum. I had no gear to start, didn't know how to taxi, take off, fly in formation, navigate, engine manage, aerial tactics, fly in trim, land... etc... Other than that, I was willing.
Not much of a record to show, but I can now do most of the things to call myself a fair pilot. I still have a lot to learn.
I'm very excited about the upcoming Stalingrad campaign. I still get nervous before each mission. It has been more fun than I had hoped for. I love it!
Thanks again to all my mates in 1st Staffel and all the great friends I've met here that have helped me and got me this far.
Now... ON TO STALINGRAD!

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Re: Two years in the ACG!

Post by Ginger » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:20 pm

Long may it last Kit :salute:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Crane

Post by Crane » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:36 pm

well done Kit, you've really improved since we met the first time!

Rudi

Post by Rudi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:57 pm

You should be proud of the achievements that you have made since you came here Kit!

Lachs
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Lachs » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:42 am

Mummmm... a long way have you come young Jedi!

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:05 am

Congratulations Kit. On to many more years.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:40 pm

Congrats man. Awesome milestone to reach.

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:42 pm

Thank you gentlemen...
What I really hope is that our guest that read these forums can see that a beginner can do this. It's extremely challenging, and thoroughly gratifying to learn the skills required to be a fighter pilot. Although I always looked at those who made the history of aviation as hero's, my respect and admiration has increased ten fold now that I can see what it might have felt like.
In the ACG you feel the excitement, nervousness, a little fear, and the thrills of being there. Man, it's FUN!

Rostic

Post by Rostic » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:52 pm

Kit Pepper wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:49 pm
Just noticed that yesterday was my second anniversary in the ACG. Hard to believe! The time just flew by (literally)!
To think that two years ago I was writing to the "looking to Join" forum. I had no gear to start, didn't know how to taxi, take off, fly in formation, navigate, engine manage, aerial tactics, fly in trim, land... etc... Other than that, I was willing.
Not much of a record to show, but I can now do most of the things to call myself a fair pilot. I still have a lot to learn.
I'm very excited about the upcoming Stalingrad campaign. I still get nervous before each mission. It has been more fun than I had hoped for. I love it!
Thanks again to all my mates in 1st Staffel and all the great friends I've met here that have helped me and got me this far.
Now... ON TO STALINGRAD!
Kit Pepper wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:42 pm
Thank you gentlemen...
What I really hope is that our guest that read these forums can see that a beginner can do this. It's extremely challenging, and thoroughly gratifying to learn the skills required to be a fighter pilot. Although I always looked at those who made the history of aviation as hero's, my respect and admiration has increased ten fold now that I can see what it might have felt like.
In the ACG you feel the excitement, nervousness, a little fear, and the thrills of being there. Man, it's FUN!
Every time I read posts like this, I have not much to say more and feel like this forum really miss this "Like" button.

But now I can not resist from doing this:
Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 16Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb