It's been a while....

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Louisa von Dart

It's been a while....

Post by Louisa von Dart » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:32 pm

Hello Chaps, I've been planting aircraft nose first into the dirt ever since EAW came out and I'm a current member of a French speaking squadron ( GTAC ) but I'm looking for a more restful type of experience of late. To whit, being able to call for help in English, as is my wont, rather than losing valuable seconds in translation..... and getting blown to bits. A real life heart attack has slowed me down a bit as well. However, I have all the time in the world to devote to the group, if not the first clue about setting up the goodies. Can someone tell me what version of the game is being used? To date I have IL2 and IL2 1946 installed. I imagine COD Blitz is what I need but are mods also necessary? Looking forward to hearing back from someone... cheers, Louisa.
If I'm going down...it's with all guns firing !

Schmuck

Re: It's been a while....

Post by Schmuck » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi Louisa! Welcome to ACG, I hope you`re recovering well. We just wrapped up our IL-2 ClOD campaign and will be returning to the IL-2 Great Battles series. We're specifically going to Battle of Stalingrad, one of the many expansions from IL2 BoX(Battle of Moscow/Stalingrad/Kuban/Bodenplatte) series. Feel free to hop on TeamSpeak and ask questions, everyone is friendly!

Louisa von Dart

Post by Louisa von Dart » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Hello Schmuck, Sir... Thank you for your kind wishes. I'm feeling pretty chipper today and the Deluxe version of Stalingrad is downloading as I type this. I 'll see you on TS when I've got it configured.

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:57 pm

Welcome to ACG Louisa :salute:

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Louisa von Dart

Post by Louisa von Dart » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:04 pm

Thanks Jackman, I've got BoS installed and configured now but I see that the Group is probably going to be using BoM.... is that going to be a problem for me? I can buy that game if needed , just let me know please, someone.

Konaber

Post by Konaber » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:48 pm

Louisa von Dart wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:04 pm
Thanks Jackman, I've got BoS installed and configured now but I see that the Group is probably going to be using BoM.... is that going to be a problem for me? I can buy that game if needed , just let me know please, someone.
Hi Louisa, BoS is the right theatre for our ongoing campaign, so you are good to go :nice:

Louisa von Dart

Post by Louisa von Dart » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:05 pm

Hi Konaber, Sehr gut.... I've been scooting around a bit in a Gustav today and looking forward to using a 109 to good effect again. Love this new game but is everyone using the stock version or are mods necessary ?

Konaber

Post by Konaber » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:31 pm

Louisa von Dart wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:05 pm
Hi Konaber, Sehr gut.... I've been scooting around a bit in a Gustav today and looking forward to using a 109 to good effect again. Love this new game but is everyone using the stock version or are mods necessary ?
With mods you mean the in-game modifications?
That would be the removed headrest and, depending on the Mission (I think) the gun-pods (they pack a VERY nice punch)

Steel
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Steel » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:51 pm

Welcome to ACG! :salute:

Management by perkele

Louisa von Dart

Post by Louisa von Dart » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:19 pm

No, I like the ingame mods, especially the gun pods but I'm thinking more of external modpacks such as are available for '46. From what i've seen of BoS so far, it's pretty real insofar as flight, instument control and ground loops on landing so I'll be happy if i can fly with you chaps as it is now.