Excited to join

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Siv5122

Excited to join

Post by Siv5122 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:08 pm

Hello everyone! I'm pleased to be joining ACG. I have always had a deep passion for aviation, and am aspiring to become a pilot, when old enough ( currently a High School Junior). I have over 3000 hours in flight sims like DCS and FSX, and have recently taken up IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad. I hope to fly mainly allied fighter bombers, but I enjoy any type of plane. Glad to have joined!

Bullhead

Re: Excited to join

Post by Bullhead » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:13 pm

Welcome! Assuming that you are from the US, you only need to be 17 to hold a private pilot certificate, and 16 to solo. If you are a junior, now is the perfect time to start training, finances permitting of course. We don't necessarily have fighter bombers on the allied side. We are currently flying Yaks and La-5s. We do occassionally participate in ground attack missions, but not often.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Welcome Siv , jump on our teamspeak server if you can and someone will pick you up from there no doubt , there's a channel at the top called " looking to join" if wait in there you should be good. We also run training on Thursday from around 1930GMT.
If any of the pilots from state side see Vis on the channel please pick him up. Look forward to seeing you. :nice:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Siv5122

Post by Siv5122 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:16 am

Bullhead wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:13 pm
Welcome! Assuming that you are from the US, you only need to be 17 to hold a private pilot certificate, and 16 to solo. If you are a junior, now is the perfect time to start training, finances permitting of course. We don't necessarily have fighter bombers on the allied side. We are currently flying Yaks and La-5s. We do occassionally participate in ground attack missions, but not often.
Yep! I plan on getting it done in college, as I’m a bit out of reach of most flight schools right now. Plan on maybe SJSU or Embry Riddle.

Digby

Post by Digby » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:37 am

Siv5122 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:16 am
Bullhead wrote:
Yep! I plan on getting it done in college, as I’m a bit out of reach of most flight schools right now. Plan on maybe SJSU or Embry Riddle.
All I think about when I hear Embry Riddle is Sauceboss-proud95. :D

Bullhead

Post by Bullhead » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Siv5122 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:16 am
Bullhead wrote:
While Embry Riddle is a great school, I'll urge you to look at others schools. You can get the same education (potentially better) somewhere else for a much much much lower cost.

Digby

Post by Digby » Tue May 12, 2020 1:10 pm

Siv5122 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:08 pm
Hello everyone! I'm pleased to be joining ACG. I have always had a deep passion for aviation, and am aspiring to become a pilot, when old enough ( currently a High School Junior). I have over 3000 hours in flight sims like DCS and FSX, and have recently taken up IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad. I hope to fly mainly allied fighter bombers, but I enjoy any type of plane. Glad to have joined!
Hi Siv,

Are you still interested in joining?

Digby :salute: