Looking to Join

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Karrt

Looking to Join

Post by Karrt » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:20 pm

Hello everyone,

I am looking to join the ACG group. I go by karrtmomil just about everywhere. Being in the CST timezone I will not usually be able to make training Thursdays, but I might be able to make this upcoming Thursday due to thanksgiving, otherwise it might be awhile before I can block off time to make one. Sundays work fine for being able to make the campaign.

I tend towards flying allied with my most experience in the p-38, followed by the p-47, p-51, and p-40. I am open to flying other planes, I just may need to take a flight or two to get acquainted.

Looking forward to fly!

ArcEye
Leutnant
Leutnant
contributor

Re: Looking to Join

Post by ArcEye » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi Karrt welcome to the ACG forums.

If you haven't already take a look at the ACG field book some more indepth info in there about what we do .

Arc

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:40 pm

Hi Karrt and welcome
If you haven't already , can you read the field book https://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/field_book.pdf
If you can commit to what we need from you then please join us on our team speak, wait the the Recruitment Office, and some one will pick you up from there.look forward to flying with you soon. Lucky for you we don't fly any of those aircraft in our current campaign :D We are flying Lags / La5's / P-39's / a20's / il2's / 109 g's / fw 190's
but don't worry about that! as for training , i know that some of the pilots from across the pond fly more in your time zone so training shouldn't be a problem. :nice:
Last edited by Ginger on Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Spigot

Post by Spigot » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:43 pm

Hi karrtmomil, welcome to our forums.

Take a look at our field book if you haven't already: https://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/field_book.pdf. If you can make next Thursday that would be great, we do have some folk based your side of the pond as well so you may be able to come on later and fly on other weeks. You'd also be welcome to hop on TS around 1815-1830 GMT tomorrow if you have questions, although you probably won't be able to join the campaign mission immediately.

We're currently in Kuban, so the allied planeset is mostly Yaks (1b and 7b) with a couple of P-39 and La-5 sqns, although at this point I can't say exactly which type you're most likely to be assigned to.

Spigot

Karrt

Post by Karrt » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:44 pm

Thanks Arc, Ginger and Spigot,

I reread the field book again, the way the campaigns are handled with the AARs is definitely one of the things that interests me. I figured the planes I listed weren't in rotation, I was planning to try out the P-39 or A-20 after having spent some time in the p-40, although I just haven't gotten to it yet.