Beginner looking to join!

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

McMahon

Beginner looking to join!

Post by McMahon » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:07 am

Hey yall. I am new to IL-2 and flight simming in general, but was recommended here by a current member. I am very much interested in joining a community from which I can learn and have a good time doing so.

Spigot

Re: Beginner looking to join!

Post by Spigot » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:18 am

Hi McMahon, welcome to our forums. Have a look at our field book https://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/field_book.pdf to see what we do and how we do it, then pop onto our Teamspeak some time this week - Thursday evening UK time is best but we have folk from many time zones. Someone should pick you up and talk you through the process.

Spigot

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:41 pm

McMahon,
Welcome aboard. Don't be afraid to get on teamspeak and join the fun. It does not matter how much or how little skill or knowledge you have with flight sims, all are welcome to join. The group does a good job of helping train and explain things. But, I know I am still learning and trying to improve, so the game never gets old.
Tex
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:16 pm

You have come to the right place McMahon. I think you will find lots of help where you need it as you learn and have fun doing so.

Valve Index, Intel Core i7- 11700K Processor, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4 RAM, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070, ASUS TUF Z590 ATX Motherboard, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler, be quiet! Straight Power 11 Power Supply, 240GB NVME M.2 SSD and Samsung 970 EVOplus 1T SSD storage, BeQuiet 500DX Midi-Tower Case.

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Welcome McMahon, As Snowy and Tex have said, all levels are welcome, and you will learn faster, than if you practiced on your own through trial and error. It will save you time and you will learn the proper fundamentals, and improve quicker.