would love to join..

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Ingvar

would love to join..

Post by Ingvar » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:45 pm

Hello Everyone,
I've found you guys through Sheriffs YT videos,if I'm being honest. I'm a 31 year old,german man with very little to no skill,so I'd need a lot of training,sadly.But I am very much willing and able to learn. I've always been interested in flying,but never had a good chance to try it out.I've been flying around in MSFS, have played a little warthunder but nothing as realistic as IL-2.DCS and it's jets seem kind of boring to me,since theres no dogfighting :D so I figured I'd go for Warbirds! What better way to do it then with a Skillful group of Pilots? Looking forward to hearing from you guys! :salute:

Lachs
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: would love to join..

Post by Lachs » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:51 pm

Welcome Ingvar... Don't stress the experience thing too much, we have a lot of first time simmers in our ranks. Spigot is our onboarding officer. He will get with you soon and walk you through the process. You can join us for our weekly campaign events or training as a guest until you become "Official".

Look forward to seeing you! :salute:

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:09 pm

Welcome Ingvar, As Lachs said, experience in sims is not a prerequisite. Lots of guys started right here (myself included), and it's the best way to learn with proper training that will get you on the right track. If anything, being inexperienced just adds to the immersive realism of what it was like to be a recruit. So enjoy the learning process. It's all about how much you want it. See you in the skies!

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:38 pm

Hi Ingvar and welcome
If you haven't already , can you read the field book https://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/field_book.pdf
If you can commit to what we need from you then please join us on our team speak, wait the the Recruitment Office, and some one will pick you up from there.look forward to flying with you soon.
There is a waiting list so we don't know where you might end up , but what ever you'll be part of the crew. :nice:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Ingvar

Post by Ingvar » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:10 pm

Thanks guys,
I've read the field book,kind of :P But here's my first n00bish question:
I can't seem to get my Joystick bound to push-to-talk on teamspeak for some reason. I've downloaded the addon and all,but it just doesn't work with teamspeak,works fine in discord though. Any idea what might cause that problem?

Rostic

Post by Rostic » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:24 pm

I do not know about what addon you are writing but with Teamspeak with only one plugin "Radio FX" binding button on joystick works for me fine. My TeamSpeak version is 3.5.6
May be problem is in one of that "addons"?

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 16Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb

Ingvar

Post by Ingvar » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:30 pm

I needed to download an Addon(Gamepad and Joystick Hotkey Support) so that Teamspeak even registers,my clicking a button on the Joystick. But that "grey box" won't go away unless I click or press a button on the keyboard. Seems like teamspeak thinks,that I press the button,but don't let go of it.

EDIT: Found the solution. I was using a USB hub for my HOTAS. Teamspeak doesn't like that at all,I now have my Joystick in its own USB port while everything else is connected via the HUB. seems to work now..

Elos

Post by Elos » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:42 pm

Ingvar wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:30 pm
I needed to download an Addon(Gamepad and Joystick Hotkey Support) so that Teamspeak even registers,my clicking a button on the Joystick. But that "grey box" won't go away unless I click or press a button on the keyboard. Seems like teamspeak thinks,that I press the button,but don't let go of it.

EDIT: Found the solution. I was using a USB hub for my HOTAS. Teamspeak doesn't like that at all,I now have my Joystick in its own USB port while everything else is connected via the HUB. seems to work now..
Found a way around the USB hub problem by mapping joystick buttons to keyboard keys with one of the programs (in my case Thrustmaster Target) that usually are available for the better HOTAS systems. Within TS I then only list the keyboard keys as hotkeys.

Gelobt sei, was hart macht.

Ingvar

Post by Ingvar » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:49 pm

Elos wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:42 pm
Found a way around the USB hub problem by mapping joystick buttons to keyboard keys with one of the programs (in my case Thrustmaster Target) that usually are available for the better HOTAS systems. Within TS I then only list the keyboard keys as hotkeys.

Yeah,that would have worked to,but its fine now. I never really dared to get into Target. seems waaay to complicated for me. But thanks for the Advice!

Talisman

Post by Talisman » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:20 pm

Hi Ingvar,

Good flying with you last night. I have sent you some training video links via PM on the IL-2 forum that you may find of interest.

Let me know if you would like to get together for more training some time.

Happy landings,

Talisman
Spitfire! 'That's no aircraft, that's a bleedin' angel'