A Fresh Start

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Firefly
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

A Fresh Start

Post by Firefly » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:11 pm

It's no secret to veteran members that I was part of ACG in 2017...
...and that particular experience didn't end well.

However, I would like to say a lot of maturing has occurred since then and my life in general is a lot more stable.
So if you're willing to bury the hatchet and start anew, I'd appreciate it if I had another crack.

I'll happily go through all those trainee things I did again etc.
I'll fit in where I'm needed most.

Perhaps a chat with a few of the higher-ups to clear the water might be in order if that's what you feel is best.

Eager to hear your response ;)

~ Mike S

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Re: A Fresh Start

Post by Jackman » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:36 am

Hi Firefly
Hope you are doing well since you were last with us.
To be honest with you, I would be very weary of having you join ACG again if anything is to go by on the last time you were with us.

We have a recruitment officer who looks after all new pilots looking to join. He is called Spigot.
But before Spigot deals with you I would like to have a chat with you on TS to get an idea of where you are compared to a few years back.

If I'm happy after our conversation I'll give Spigot a call and he will sort you out from there.
I will be on TS Monday evening from 8pm so please let me know if you can make it.

Jackman :salute:

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:07 am

Then we'll consider a trial, only so we can check if you're not still Peter Pan.

Don't forget, this is your 3rd 'introduction' to ACG

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8336&p=111420#p111420
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7616&p=99222#p99222

Firefly
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Post by Firefly » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:34 pm

I appreciate the second chance.

Safe to say when I was 17 I was a rather difficult sod. That much has been made clear to me over the recent years.

I'm happy to join the TS tomorrow at 8pm and have a chat and we can go from there. And I fully understand the wariness in letting me back in. I understand it will take time to regain the trust if not respect of members who were around 4 years ago.

Either way, as previously stated, I would like to say that I believe I've changed for the better.

And don't worry. I shouldn't need to 'introduce' myself again. Since my PC is unlikely to blow up now. Scraped the money together to get a decent system ;)

~ Mike S

EDIT: Could you remind me of the TS address? I managed to find nyj-ts3.fragnet.net:9987 in the "Communications" tab of this website, however that doesn't work and is frankly rather unfamiliar.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:17 pm

nyj-ts3.fragnet.net

No port number

3rd chance.......

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:17 am

Firefly wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:34 pm
I appreciate the second chance.

Safe to say when I was 17 I was a rather difficult sod. That much has been made clear to me over the recent years.

I'm happy to join the TS tomorrow at 8pm and have a chat and we can go from there. And I fully understand the wariness in letting me back in. I understand it will take time to regain the trust if not respect of members who were around 4 years ago.

Either way, as previously stated, I would like to say that I believe I've changed for the better.

And don't worry. I shouldn't need to 'introduce' myself again. Since my PC is unlikely to blow up now. Scraped the money together to get a decent system ;)

~ Mike S

EDIT: Could you remind me of the TS address? I managed to find nyj-ts3.fragnet.net:9987 in the "Communications" tab of this website, however that doesn't work and is frankly rather unfamiliar.
Everyone loves a good comeback story. You can't have that without some forgiving. Welcome back, hopefully this time to stay.

Good luck young fella!

Spigot

Post by Spigot » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:46 pm

Hi Firefly,

Apologies for not getting onto this earlier, I was unsure if I would be about today. If you can hop on TS this evening I'll chat through with you and try to get you assigned to a unit. If you're not available, we'll find a time probably next week to get you sorted.

Spigot

Firefly
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Post by Firefly » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:37 am

Spigot wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:46 pm
Hi Firefly,

Apologies for not getting onto this earlier, I was unsure if I would be about today. If you can hop on TS this evening I'll chat through with you and try to get you assigned to a unit. If you're not available, we'll find a time probably next week to get you sorted.

Spigot
Hi Spigot.

Apologies for not replying until now. Been a hectic few days in regards to my new job etc.
I've dropped you a message in PM so as to not clutter the forums.

Cheers in advance,

~Firefly