LOOKING TO JOIN

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Majii

Re: LOOKING TO JOIN

Post by Majii » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:50 am

Hey Tex thanks for looking out. I am in Virginia Beach, VA and I will take all the help I can get just let me know what you want for them? Apparently these computer parts are made out of gold some of these prices are making my head hurt. Thanks again for offering to help.

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:33 pm

The good news smercer is that once you make the initial investment, you should be all set for a long time (you might want to upgrade over time). Most of your costs will be up front and you won't have to pay a fee every Sunday like playing golf (right Dickie?), So spend what you have to for the heart of your system and build from there. I started with nothing and my gear has held up (three years). I even run a G2 VR headset with a 1070Ti GPU with very good results. I highly recommend VR for the ultimate immersive experience. I won't go back to 2d flat screen. In the end, what I have paid in gear and the amount of time I have spent enjoying the flight simming experience, has been a HUGE bang for my buck.

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:33 pm

Let me check what it would cost to ship them out.
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:52 pm

Hi!
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Majii

Post by Majii » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:25 pm

So my wife (my family computer genius) has been beating up the internet over the last week and we have a line on just about everything except the graphics card. Apparently there is a shortage of these things and what is available is about 2-3x normal price. So I was wondering if anyone might have one they are willing to sell or know where I might be able to purchase one at a normal price? Looking for GeForce RTX 2080ti or RTX 30 series. Thanks for your help!

Majii

Post by Majii » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:38 pm

Hey Kit,
I totally get the long term investing in my enjoyment and I am all in. It is just the price gouging going on with some of these parts had me going cross eyed lol. I will get everything sorted out hopefully and be able to join you fellas in game soon… I hope 😅. Thanks for all the help.

Majii

Post by Majii » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:40 pm

Thanks Tex!

Hello Vukac.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:04 am

Sadly it's a global shortage and there are no easy ways of securing a GPU, certainly not a 2080ti or 30XX. There are a number of Twitter accounts that alert you when parts become available (although the ones I know of are only in the UK), and stock definitely does drop ... It just sells out really quickly when it does.

You may be better served buying a pre-built system from one of the bigger sellers. They tend to have a few GPUs available.

Majii

Post by Majii » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:24 pm

Yeah I have been looking at a few prebuilt rigs, but I have become obsessed with the hunt and Idea of finding the holy grail (now known as a graphic card). There are a couple of companies here in the states that might have GPU’s in a few days. Hopefully I can be quick enough to secure one 🤞if not then I guess my assembly time will be a lot shorter. I’ll keep you posted.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:51 pm

Good luck - it's definitely possible. I snagged a 3090 at the start of the year and a friend of mine got a 3080ti just a few weeks ago. You just have to keep looking, and if you get the chance to buy *don't hesitate*