LOOKING TO JOIN

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

WooHoo

LOOKING TO JOIN

Post by WooHoo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:34 pm

Hello :salute:
My call sign is WooHoo. I play tennis (that's all I really do), have a Corvette (to take me to and from tennis)and about 20 hours in a 152 and 172 but don't have a private pilot's license yet - it's a money thing. l would like to join and fly with your squad. I've been flying the P-38, 109 and 190 with about 20-hours between them. I also started flying in DCS. I have a good computer, joystick, trackIR and headset. I'm not busy on most Sundays and like to play IL2 during the week USA/EST. I have bought most of the expansions and several of the airplanes. Please let me know what more you would need. I'm excited.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Re: LOOKING TO JOIN

Post by Jaydog » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:57 pm

:salute: Hello WooHoo,

Hop in Teamspeak for one of our training sessions on Thursdays around 2 or 3 pm EST for a chat. Normally there wil ge guys training and practicing with their squadron mates. Someone should square you away with the next steps. I'm on East Coast time also and fly frequently during the week in the afternoon or evenings. We're actually getting ready to start our Market Garden campaign next week.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:22 am

Welcome Woohoo, are you Luftwaffe or Allied or do you care? Our normal practice is to put you in with your timezone, faction and hopefully fave type, but note that being an ACG pilot you are an air force pilot so will get posted to a crew. We are starting our Market Garden campaign on Sunday so timing is perfect if you want to get involved. Please come in to our Teamspeak this week, or at the latest on Sunday at about 1800 UK and we'll take it from there - just say hello, any red or green shield are obliged to help you, anyone else just should do, no problem. The campaign starts at 1900 if you would like to dip your toes right in - we'll talk about that.

:salute:

Gnomus
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Gnomus » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:48 pm

Welcome to the Group! I am on EST as well and around many evenings during the week. Happy to help get you settled in. Cheers!

Gnomus

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 pm

WooHoo, a corvette? Any chance it is a C8?
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:31 pm

I wrote off a Mondeo Ghia X when I ploughed into the rear of a corvette (v rare for the UK). He was unscratched.

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:54 pm

Hi!
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."