Long Time no See

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: Long Time no See

Post by Dickie » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:47 am

Geordie wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:27 pm
Dickie wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:11 pm
Thursdays best.

Have you got BoX?
I do BoS and BoM, I can pick up the others if needed!
I think it's possibly not worth getting the TIffy for this campaign, maybe it's on sale and ok I forget what you get with what. That depends on the crew you go to, have you said which you are looking at? That'll affect next phase, essentially we will mostly be on Tempest and Spit 14 (assume RAF) and after that P-51D or Jug. D-9 and K-4 for the LW.

SOmeone else may be able to comment but it really means Battle of Normandy, I think........

Dubsy
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
Staff

Post by Dubsy » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:25 pm

Bodenplatte for everything listed there other than the Spit
"I am going to have these ships delivered on time and if you fail me your houses will be made a dunghill and your wives liquidated"
- Jackie Fisher, 1914

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:03 pm

I'll have to pick up Bodenplatte by the sounds of it in that case which is no biggy. Sadly it's not on sale but I'll pick it up.

I have a bit of a thing for the Tempest and Spit but honestly, I'll go wherever I'm needed. I'm just looking forward to getting back into the seat and flying again.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Just spoke to Ginger and it looks like all the aircraft you're flying currently on Normandy so I'll have to give today a miss since I don't own it. I'll pick up Bodenplatte in the next few weeks (Hoping it goes on sale over Xmas) then I'll be able to join. I'd rather not buy BoN just for 1 day then not get a chance to use it again until another campaign.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Geordie wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:28 pm
Just spoke to Ginger and it looks like all the aircraft you're flying currently on Normandy so I'll have to give today a miss since I don't own it. I'll pick up Bodenplatte in the next few weeks (Hoping it goes on sale over Xmas) then I'll be able to join. I'd rather not buy BoN just for 1 day then not get a chance to use it again until another campaign.
What side do you want to fly Geordie?
One important point is you don't need to buy Battle of Normandy ever.
All you need is BOS BOM and BoB with few
Collector Planes. For the next campaign after Christmas you could get the FW190 D9 that's without having to buy Battle of Bodenplatte but if you want to fly Allied then you will have to get it for the plane sets the Allied guys will be flying. Where should be some kind of a sale over Christmas and you could pick up Battle of Bodenplatte very cheap. You should jump on to TS anyway tonight for a chat.

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:27 am

Jackman wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Are we not going to do any channel campaigns post 1941 in BoN ever?

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:28 am

Jaydog wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:27 am
Jackman wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Are we not going to do any channel campaigns post 1941 in BoN ever?
Yes but that's a long time down the road. Maybe ever was the wrong word.

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:05 pm

Geordie wrote:
A long shot but check your account on IL2 as they often chuck in discount codes to apply which have a date range. Very different from Steam sale, not advertised, but discounts as good.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:27 pm

Dickie wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:05 pm
Geordie wrote:
A long shot but check your account on IL2 as they often chuck in discount codes to apply which have a date range. Very different from Steam sale, not advertised, but discounts as good.
Already bought it sadly mate. Never mind eh

Welshy
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Welshy » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:56 pm

Welcome back Geordie
Mae'n hawdd bod yn ddewr y tu ôl i wal castell