Looking to Join - Get Back in the Saddle

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Wind

Looking to Join - Get Back in the Saddle

Post by Wind » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:18 pm

Hello all,

WindWpn here and interested in getting back into online organized campaign/mission flying. I used to participate in the old GhostSkies campaigns and organized/online squads for IL2 1946 years/decade+ ago, and now interested in getting back into online flying in a similar fashion. Today, I operate off a relatively new/current rig (12th gen Intel/4070ti) with Quest2 VR (soon Q3?!) or Pimax 5k+; though, for BoX/CoD I will have to get my HOTAS (x52Pro) profile tightened up/complete/memorized before campaigning. Unfortunately, the Thurs tag ups will not work for me given the time zone difference (I will be at the office), but any other informal weekend tag ups (Saturdays) are available to tune up before campaigning?!

I am located a few miles from the Wright Memorial, on the OBX, USA. Recommend a visit in Google Earth VR or MSFS2020 to check out the islands!

o7
wind

Orb
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Staff
contributor

Re: Looking to Join - Get Back in the Saddle

Post by Orb » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:35 pm

Greetings! There will be a recruitment bod to give you the blurb soon.

We have a significant NA contingent in ACG so I'm sure you'll be able to find timezone mates to fly with. We also have many VR users so you can gripe about settings and frame rates to sympathetic ears.

Steel
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Steel » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:26 pm

Welcome to ACG!

I see you found your way to our Discord as well, I've given you the Allies - Recruit role which will grant you access to all non-member as well as the RAF side of our Discord. The next mission is on Sunday 11th February at 18:30 GMT, I'm sure the North American pilots at No.71 will accomodate you and the squadron commander 'Phalcon' will tell you how to get in touch.

Whilst you wait to join us, have a read through the ACG Fieldbook which you can find here on our website, at the bottom:

https://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

Thursday is the unofficial training day so if you need to brush up on your Spitfire skills, come to Teamspeak though there are people flying almost every night and should be for your timezone as well. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Management by perkele

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:33 pm

Welcome to the ACG Wind. Looks like the Luftwaffe will have another one to worry about.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:02 pm

Welcome fella. Only Sundays are 'compulsory', the rest is if you want or can.

Please come by for your first mission on Sunday, 1800 UK